• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Sims

Caelix3

I'm obsessed with The Sims!

Specifically Sims 2. But I also like Sims 4 as well and am warming up to Sims 3.

Here is a picture of my sim couple.
Caleb (Pink hair) and Leland (Black hair)

tumblr_omqi32EFpz1ustdcho1_1280.png

Here is their son, Gayle!

tumblr_omqeut82pp1ustdcho2_540.png

Does anyone else like the sims or is obsessed with it? :)

I like it, I've spent a lot of time on Sims 3. Sooo much time. Eventually the game will always break down and I have to reinstall and lose interest for a while :p

Yes! I play the Sims 4, and like I said on another thread I'm either not playing it at all for like 6 months, or on there for like 6 hours a day for 2 weeks :p There's no inbetween for me. I pretty much always make Sims of myself and my husband, and then cheat to get money. At the moment they both do have jobs, but I just find it so much easier if I don't also have to worry they'll go bankrupt and starve to death :tearsofjoy:

I used to play it a lot, but stopped before The Sims 3 came out. I'd like to try the newer games, but it's a little too addictive for casual playing.

I did want to get 4, but tbh looking at the videos I've seen, it really doesn't seem all that much better.

Plus I'd probably need a new computer to be able to run it lol.

Not sure if you'd need a new computer actually, it's made to be pretty easy on your specs I think, to work even on lower-end.

What I dislike about 4 is how much they just flat out removed. Sure, there are emotional states now, but the open world is gone, you can't even customize the neighbourhoods as you could in 2 (heck, they're back to being small 2D menus basically, like in Sims 1), at launch the game was missing an entire life stage (toddler) and didn't even have pools or ghosts (but these have now been added later on, I hear).

And I sort of get why they gave up on open world since all the stuff going on at once could cause a lot of problems and freezes in the Sims 3, but it still makes the Sims 4 feel.. A lot less "alive" than 3. And with all the great and varied expansions for 3 (maybe with the exception of the silly Katy Perry one :tearsofjoy: ), 3 is still so packed with content in comparison to 4 that the issues you'll have at times are more than worth it. Imo.

OH! And one more thing!

I've always loved, from the Sims 2 when it was introduced, seeing my Sims grow up and progress over their lives, it was one of my favorite things about the franchise. So here's how it worked in 2 and 3: The sim would get born as a helpless baby, and then it would grow into a toddler, basically a larger baby that was slightly less helpless and could crawl around doing things on its own. Next was the child stage, self-explanatory, and then the child would turn into a teenager, larger than a child but smaller than an adult. And then came the adult stage.

Now here is how I experienced it in Sims 4 at launch: A helpless baby would be born, then it would turn directly into a child, skipping an entire stage, and then a teenager as before, BUT WAIT, teenagers were now the same size as an adult. In fact, I think they used the exact same model for it, making teenagers and adults almost indistuingishable. Just why?

I actually have a theory on why, too. My suspicion is that the great ancient evil of gaming, the destroyer of worlds and several smaller companies unfortunate enough to find themselves in its grasp, spoken of on the tongues of mortals as "EA", decided to rush the game out early for some quick profit. Just a suspicion. It would explain several missing features and strange design choices.

So yeah. Just another thing that grinded my gears when I went from 3 to 4. Toddlers are back now though, so good on them for that.

Last edited:
LOL. I guess I project my autism to the Sims 3. I never had any interest in the humans at all. Just designing their homes. :p

Home_1_zps3izkmi2d.jpg

Home_3_zpse4luxboj.jpg

Home_4_zpsgapi7xgc.jpg

Home_5_zpslshljlnh.jpg

Home_6_zpsxtnz751c.jpg

LOL. I guess I project my autism to the Sims 3. I never had any interest in the humans at all. Just designing their homes. :p

Home_1_zps3izkmi2d.jpg

Home_3_zpse4luxboj.jpg

Home_4_zpsgapi7xgc.jpg

Home_5_zpslshljlnh.jpg

Home_6_zpsxtnz751c.jpg

This has always been my favourite part, although more so in terms of the interiors as I always found house building to be a bit clunky in the older games at least. I always make Sims of myself and my husband, because I have no imagination when it comes to the people in it. They look like us and their personalities match us as much as possible too.

Your houses are fantastic!

I used to play constantly before WoW, mostly though I built houses and designed them for families, I had gigs and gigs of downloaded extras. I'd make most of my people off of tv shows, music artists, and people I knew (used too and current, though none of them would ever I bet they'd just be weirded out). Do all the cheats so nobody ever had to work and not before their skills were all capped . Then I'd make them all woo hoo with each other, all my sims were bi, haha was so fun.

I never played the game properly... starting completely broke in a house with a toilet by the fridge, sofa and bookcase, always skill-working and trying to make a living? Wtf I just can't imagine playing without the cheats...

Then I'd make them all woo hoo with each other, all my sims were bi, haha was so fun.

I did a "challenge" once where my goal was to make every female sim in town pregnant and have descendants all over the place, progressing through their lives independently.

I'm a fan of the Sims. Found a copy of the original Sims Complete Collection for $3 at a Salvation Army. Out of all of the editions, I think TS3 is my favorite. 4 had some cool features (love the updated Build mode) but other than that, it just felt like a step backward for me, as I loved the open world concept in TS3. I was more of a builder than playing without cheats. lol

If I can ever get a new computer maybe I'll try Sims 3... should be easy to find it cheap including expansions, how long should it been out?

What expansions did they release for it?

Did they make it where you can have more than 8 characters on a lot? I really want this as I always have pets, the more the better and sometimes liked to put more than family or households on one lot (i.e. trailer parks, apartments, duplexs, starships (lol))

I used to love playing The Sims 2 back in the day. Funny story, I once made a lesbian couple and used a cheat code to get one of them pregnant with the other's baby, and the pregnant sim immediately had a mental breakdown on the front lawn.

I used to like The Urbz: Sims in the City for Game Boy Advance and The Sims Free Play for my Android Tablet. I would still play The Sims Freeplay but it took up so much room on my tablet that I had barely any room for other apps so I deleted it.

New Threads

Top Bottom