• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Seriously

ZebraAutismo

V.I.P Member
got-autism-learn-link-dairy-products-disease
I distane at society yet again. Saw this posted on instagram glad to see it got negative feedback. Got Autism? Learn About the Link Between Dairy Products and the Disorder

I don't know if I should laugh or scream at the article. I hope others weigh in, because to me it sounds utterly absurd.

Hey PETA:

b7d166a25c832d45426966763eb15366--funny-sarcasm-revenge.jpg
I laughed and then got angry. It made me think so by this logic I should be cured as I was dairy free for several months due to a wrong diagnose.

Citing peta as a credible source is like saying "Mconalds doesn't say their food is unhealthy so it isn't!"

mini rant:
Peta does not care about animals. The idea of the organization is great but they're horrible people. They've spent more time trying to stop the violence of virtual animals (ala pokemon) than real animals. They have used blatant sex ads and really they're just awful people. If you want an organization that cares about animals or is even the least bit credible they are not it

Just finished a big bowl of chocolate chip ice-cream, and after reading that it causes autism, I think I'll get another bowl of ice-cream.:icecream::icecreamcone::)

Dairy products (items made with cow's milk)
have a negative effect on me, but not an autistic one.

Cow milk gives me chills, make my nose run, makes me confused,
and makes me cry. This happens if I drink it, or eat a food made
with it, or soak my hands or feet in it. (I tried that because I'd
read milk baths were good for your skin.)

But it doesn't make me autistic.

Huh... I have been dairy free most of my life, not lactose intolerant, but instead I cant digest Casin (the protein in dairy). I can eat it, if I want to get sick... so most often just stay away from it... and so if PETA is right I am ASD free...

Maybe I should call them up and be their miracle poster boy for this crap pile they are trying to feed ignorant people... They don't seem to be able to do much but cause problems in the animal world, and now they are experts on Autism... Really?

It's not that I dislike them... Around here most people are PETA supporters People Eating Tasty Animals... But remember I live in the boonies. : )

Dairy products (items made with cow's milk)
have a negative effect on me, but not an autistic one.

Cow milk gives me chills, make my nose run, makes me confused,
and makes me cry. This happens if I drink it, or eat a food made
with it, or soak my hands or feet in it. (I tried that because I'd
read milk baths were good for your skin.)

But it doesn't make me autistic.

Maybe you cant digest Casin either... Thats really close to how it makes me react... Like the flu sort of and usually about 2-3 days after I have the dairy, not ever in the same day. If in the same day you might just be allergic to it? I was told it can take the body up to 72 hours to break the protein down, so when the body cant break it down, that is where the reaction comes from... Thats what the Doc said, not sure if its factual or not? I just know all cleared up when I quit drinking milk everyday.

Now I drink Almond milk and chocolate Almond milk... I like it just as well or better than milk. : )

milk is for baby cows. not necessarily good for people but not the boogie man either. there is scientific evidence for a link between casin protein and human prostate tumors but nothing with autism

Maybe you cant digest Casin either... Thats really close to how it makes me react... Like the flu sort of and usually about 2-3 days after I have the dairy, not ever in the same day. If in the same day you might just be allergic to it? I was told it can take the body up to 72 hours to break the protein down, so when the body cant break it down, that is where the reaction comes from... Thats what the Doc said, not sure if its factual or not? I just know all cleared up when I quit drinking milk everyday.

Now I drink Almond milk and chocolate Almond milk... I like it just as well or better than milk. : )
If anyone is having a problem with cows or goats milk think about it like this, milk from animals is made for baby animals ,sweetened soy/soya milk is not much different.

I have been almost vegan about 30 years. I am still Aspie. It isn't helpful to lie to people no matter what your goal is. It hurts your cause in the long run.

A lot of people have other reasons to not eat meat and dairy. It helps to learn to do without those if you find good substitutes. My worst problem has been doing without cheese. The solution to my cheese addiction is Miyoko cheese which can be found in health food stores. When I eat it, I don't miss cheese.

I also learned to make my own veggie burgers which I never make the same way twice. Most meat-eaters also like them. I like to keep a lot of them in the freezer for times when I do not feel like cooking, or just want one right away.

Last edited:
Huh, but I'm lactose intolerant and have had soy all my life... how does that explain me? Where's the article for the link between soy and autism?

(Not true alert)

Coming from a small village occasionally a sickness will spread.

We've found that killing a newborn often cures the sickness.

Either that or it was just a bug going round and we would have been better in a few days anyway.
Scared to stop though,in case it doesn't work.

Same kind of superstitious thought in a new guise.

The internet proliferates quackery.

I was diary free for a long time, for trying to be healthy reasons and believing the rubbish I read, now I'm back to it.

I'm casein intolerant too, and my symptoms are absolutely awful, including painful breakouts of deep acne-on my face. I then pop the acne, and walk around for weeks with red sores on my face, so some people think I'm a meth head. But it has zip to do with autism. PETA are jerks anyway, and the leader, Ingrid Newkirk, is a nihilist who thinks humans should die, including herself-she once said that there should be "a big empty space" in her place.

wow, so um, breastmilk is also a dairy product, no?

so basically everyone has been autistic since the beginning of the human species?

Oh my goodness, at last my problem has been been solved - I need to stop eating ice-cream, drinking milk and eating yoghurt! Why did I not realise this before - such a simple cause and solution. How stupid of me.

I can also inform you that too much curry leads to schizophrenia, thinking about popcorn causes hives, and scratching your bald head causes heart disease.

Wish I could say excuse the sarcasm, but I just don't feel generous right now. As Einstein reminded us - only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and he was not sure about the former.

New Threads

Top Bottom