• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Robots!

Caelix3

I have always found robots cool, and adorable. I may want to work with robots someday, but I need to get better at math. Two robots that I love are Wall-E and Cozmo. So adorable and cool!

75287f4576be631ef42d64499feea4c7.jpg
023078fa75d7183d65ee8a4c2f1ff185.jpg

Lego haves a line called Mindstorms that you can create any robot you desire. For people don't have a programming background, they do have software you can drag and drop stuff on the screen to program your robot without writing any code. The current version of Mindstorm kits can be controlled by modern Smartphones.

I just notice on the box as shown below, you can program your robot with a tablet. This is my first time learning about this.

I first learned about Mindstorms at a toy event I went to 7 years ago. Lego Mindstorms been around since 98 and now they are at generation 3.

LEGO_31313_box1_in_24_1488.png

Lego haves a line called Mindstorms that you can create any robot you desire. For people don't have a programming background, they do have software you can drag and drop stuff on the screen to program your robot without writing any code. The current version of Mindstorm kits can be controlled by modern Smartphones.

I just notice on the box as shown below, you can program your robot with a tablet. This is my first time learning about this.

I first learned about Mindstorms at a toy event I went to 7 years ago. Lego Mindstorms been around since 98 and now they are at generation 3.

View attachment 28915
Sounds cool. I may try those out.

No I haven't. Is it good?

It is - it's a UK gameshow where people build fighting machines to take part in a competition to find out which Robot will be crowned the Robot Wars Champion.

Here's the first episode from the 2016 series:

America have their own series called Battlebots, which is very similar and you may have heard of.

It is - it's a UK gameshow where people build fighting machines to take part in a competition to find out which Robot will be crowned the Robot Wars Champion.

Here's the first episode from the 2016 series:

America have their own series called Battlebots, which is very similar and you may have heard of.
Ah I see. I have heard of people battling robots. Just never heard of either of those shows. I'll check one of them out though.

Ah I see. I have heard of people battling robots. Just never heard of either of those shows. I'll check one of them out though.

I've seen such shows in the past. Fascinating actually. The different design approaches and how some designs can hold up while others can't. Yeah, great entertainment.

I always wanted Maximillian from Disney's movie The Black Hole to be my personal henchman and deal with the bullies that nobody else would or could take care of at school.

New Threads

Top Bottom