• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Restructuring possible redundancy

marcadam

So today the company I work for announced the second restructuring in 24 months. I now face an up hill struggle to apply for a brand new role or face redundancy after nearly 10 years of hard work. I'm worried what impact my recent referral for ASD will have. My ASD has caused me a few problems in recent months, including a meltdown and tension with my boss.

This has really pushed my anxiety levels through the roof, I spent the whole afternoon & evening under the duvet. I hate change, and whatever happens I'm going to have to deal with a whole lot of change.

Does anyone have any tips on how to deal with this kind of anxiety? Any tips how to put a positive spin on the whole ASD thing?

So today the company I work for announced the second restructuring in 24 months. I now face an up hill struggle to apply for a brand new role or face redundancy after nearly 10 years of hard work. I'm worried what impact my recent referral for ASD will have. My ASD has caused me a few problems in recent months, including a meltdown and tension with my boss.

This has really pushed my anxiety levels through the roof, I spent the whole afternoon & evening under the duvet. I hate change, and whatever happens I'm going to have to deal with a whole lot of change.

Does anyone have any tips on how to deal with this kind of anxiety? Any tips how to put a positive spin on the whole ASD thing?
I am going through something at work too. I wish I could offer something to you other than empathy. I finally found work as a bus driver only to have my hours reduced to zero due to restructuring. I'm now faced with a job search again. About the best thing I can tell you is to try your best to accept what you cannot change and ride it out. As I write the aforementioned, I'm taking a heaping teaspoon of my own medicine.

I am with you on the anxiety being thru the roof. Facing my company being bought out by another and uncertain if they will keep all of us. Still waiting on vocational rehab to get back to me to see if I qualify, which according to my therapist should not be an issue. Hang in there as best you can, I am doing that myself! Mike

I am with you on the anxiety being thru the roof. Facing my company being bought out by another and uncertain if they will keep all of us. Still waiting on vocational rehab to get back to me to see if I qualify, which according to my therapist should not be an issue. Hang in there as best you can, I am doing that myself! Mike
Hanging in there is about all we can do.

I guess I'm just going to have to roll with the punches. There's a complex story behind my problems, which having thought about it, can't be ignored; time to fight fire with fire.

Today was the first meeting with the new owners of the company and my new boss. He drove school bus for 30 years, along with farming, and for the bus job he had training to work with autistic children. Thus when showed my huge dry erase board I keep my work lists and messages on, he turned to the new owner and said that it had to be saved and put in my new shop they are going to build in our detached warehouse. He understands its use to keep my focused on what I need to do each day. So for now it appears that they will accomidate my needs and will be keeping me and my assistant mechanic. Needless to say, I feel much more relieved tonight. Still aways to go, but atleast we are all not out of a job. Keep your head up and advocate for your needs. They were upfront with all of us once the sale of the company was official, so I was upfront with my ablities, and my needs. Mike

So today the company I work for announced the second restructuring in 24 months. I now face an up hill struggle to apply for a brand new role or face redundancy after nearly 10 years of hard work. I'm worried what impact my recent referral for ASD will have.
Are you a member of a union?

New Threads

Top Bottom