• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Really off topic and possibly a little controversial

Chance

"all who wander are not lost" - Tolkien
V.I.P Member
I have been sitting here for a couple hours trying to figure out if I really want to do this and trying to find a way to word it. It isn't going away, so I am going for it.

This is a little weird, and maybe a little deep.

I'm in no way in support of the use of any illegal drug. I don't drink, and I don't even take my
prescribed meds on a regular basis that the "experts" say I need to take...

That said... While in Colorado at my cousins not long ago, he gave me some "chocolate" with marijuana oil in it. Please note I was in a place where this was/is legal. He knew I wouldn't smoke, and I hate the smell of this substance.

Please don't judge me too harshly...

I did eat this, and for a while there was nothing, to the point I forgot about eating it. About three hours later, it hit like a sledgehammer. It scared the bejesus out of me at first. It just happened that we had gone out to get some food and supplies and I asked him to please take me back to the house fast. I felt nearly sick, or I was losing total control, but by the time we got home I was just unthinkably sleepy and mostly calm. I guess I went to sleep in the living room and the next thing I knew...

I was sitting in another chair just looking at me, and the other people that were there, but I was calling me (IT). I don't even know when I figured out what was going on, but I noticed I was free of everything... No autism, no anxiety, no OCD, no bad memories...

However, what ever this was, whatever someone might want to call it, there was a situation.
I noticed I didn't want to come back. It seemed like hours, if not days. I remember going places I have no idea where they are. I only hope that at some point I can find my way back to those places...

I go off in my head a lot, but this... this was indescribable.

When I woke up it had only been about an hour that I was asleep, but I remembered everything and I still remember it.

I think on this often. Was that what it will be like when I pass from this life? I know I am eternal (we all are), but will I get to be in a physical existence at some point again?

Death is just one of those things that kind of haunts me, and it is in my face with my friend about to pass it just keeps lurking around in my head. It's nothing like I am about to die...
Maybe its me worried over him in the background.

Has anyone had this type of experience, or something similar?

Why do you refer to it as "chocolate" as if
that were the most dubious & mysterious ingredient?

Apparently you got really wasted/stoned/high.

I have been sitting here for a couple hours trying to figure out if I really want to do this and trying to find a way to word it. It isn't going away, so I am going for it.

I'm in no way in support of the use of any illegal drug. I don't drink, and I don't even take my

That said... While in Colorado at my cousins not long ago, he gave me some "chocolate" with marijuana oil in it. Please note I was in a place where this was/is legal. He knew I wouldn't smoke, and I hate the smell of this substance.

I did eat this, and for a while there was nothing, to the point I forgot about eating it. About three hours later, it hit like a sledgehammer. It scared the bejesus out of me at first. It just happened that we had gone out to get some food and supplies and I asked him to please take me back to the house fast. I felt nearly sick, or I was losing total control, but by the time we got home I was just unthinkably sleepy and mostly calm. I guess I went to sleep in the living room and the next thing I knew...

I was sitting in another chair just looking at me, and the other people that were there, but I was calling me (IT). I don't even know when I figured out what was going on, but I noticed I was free of everything... No autism, no anxiety, no OCD, no bad memories...

However, what ever this was, whatever someone might want to call it, there was a situation.
I noticed I didn't want to come back. It seemed like hours, if not days. I remember going places I have no idea where they are. I only hope that at some point I can find my way back to those places...

When I woke up it had only been about an hour that I was asleep, but I remembered everything and I still remember it.

I think on this often. Was that what it will be like when I pass from this life? I know I am eternal (we all are), but will I get to be in a physical existence at some point again?

Death is just one of those things that kind of haunts me, and it is in my face with my friend about to pass it just keeps lurking around in my head. It's nothing like I am about to die...

yes; in different ways, many many times, yes. :)

each of us only comes into this dimension of "physical existence" because we choose to. so, you will come back again, but only if you choose to. the universe's main goal is expansion. so if you don't "learn your lessons" or "expand" in the way you intended to prior to this life, it is likely you'll come back for round two.

love & light .

You had pot brownies!

I don't do this anymore. My experience was back in the 70's and very similar. It takes a while to hit and hits hard so go slow when eating.

A word of caution. Historically, pot is a medicine. Alcohol, coffee and most things impact the brain. Sugar is a gateway drug.

Pot lowered my anxiety levels to the point that back in the 70's, I smoked before class. I smoked all during the day. I had a boyfriend who was growing. I was self medicating.

I write. One time while really loaded, I wrote pages of stuff. Read it the next morning. Wow was I paranoid. For the next few years, I tried to quit. I would not do it for a while, then would be back on. I finally quit when I had been meditating heavily for a year and moved out of my area. The test was after a year of not smoking, I had a roommate who smoked and sold and I really did not want to do it again. I did not smoke any again until around 2003. It's effects were different but after 20 or more years of meditation, the brain changes. It was really strong stuff and I just went to sleep in the chair. It was sort of a ehh.

You have to make a decision about smoking or eating. I have met a few that become less anxious but I have met some that have a rebound effect where pot and other substances can put them in a manic or hypomanic state. I think that was what was happening to me. Just FYI.

Your description of your experience sounds a lot like something that can be called an, "Out of Body Experience". I am glad that you had a good one, since that is not always the case. If you decide to try for more out of body experiences, please study up on how to do them safely first.

I do think that most of us have many lifetimes on Earth, and you will have other lifetimes after this one. I also think that having our many lifetimes purifies us and makes us better. I think that being Aspies and Auties gives us extra purification because of the suffering we undergo.

I think we get something special once we accumulate enough "points". I think some people refer to that something special as "heaven", but there are different names for it.

Uh, I smoke marijuana, but sometimes I tried to prepare milk, butter, cake, etc, but it never worked for me XD

According to what I seen in a similar thread from AC, the effects vary from person to person, not to mention there's different varieties around, etc...
The effect is weird. I'd describe it as... keep in certain order of your control, but your thoughts happen so fast that the life moves slow. In order to keep productive though, it's best to keep in an activity before (or during) the first impact, and then keep on it, very focused. If you're lucky you'll proceed to the hyper-focus phase, where if nobody mocks around, your work is unstoppable, and most importantly, deep. The feelings turn stronger, more complex, but so is the capability to ignore certain things around so life feels some less overwhelming to process. It could be related to how the acting turns comparatively more NTish. There was a movie, about a guy who drank a transparent pill, that made him smarter; I wonder if marijuana is in a way similar, but... it only works this way if you avoid getting lazy, else your thoughts would only branch to "getting sleepy", and then it's hard to gain productivity.

Could have been a paranoid dream, but the second time I smoked, I remember seeing my body sleeping in a chair, but my conscience was... outside? And I wondered if would it be creepy if I trespassed my eyes within the walls :p

One thing though: Can't find links for the exact thing that I seen at the TV news, if my memory doesn't fail, it "replaces" gray matter with white matter, which works "equivalently" functional in your brain, up to 6 years of consumption. Personally, I'd take proper care of my brain, I don't want to lose functions; if I have projects to do, I'd rather smoke only when something very critically creative gets necessary, and between very spaced days.

It may have been the oil that triggered the experience, but, it sounds as though you had a trip called Astral travell. Shamens have used herbs from time beginning to induce trance states and have some wild, but, proven accurate experiences.
Some people just have this type of experience through sleep naturally. There is scientific study to show this is a common dream state phenomena. I have experienced it starting naturally around age 12 all of my life.
This was a big influence on my later getting a degree in metaphysical sciences. Like learning about Aspergers, it only helped explain what I already had experienced by giving names to different experiences and looking at it from what has been studied from a scientific view point.
I never did or needed illegal drugs and like you said, I don't even want to take medicines.
As far as reincarnation, I believe in it. But, probably only if you are binding yourself to the wheel of this physical plane. I love this subject, but, enough said to answer your question as per my experiences.
And you don't need psychotropics to learn more on the subject.

Your description of your experience sounds a lot like something that can be called an, "Out of Body Experience". I am glad that you had a good one, since that is not always the case. If you decide to try for more out of body experiences, please study up on how to do them safely first.

I do think that most of us have many lifetimes on Earth, and you will have other lifetimes after this one. I also think that having our many lifetimes purifies us and makes us better. I think that being Aspies and Auties gives us extra purification because of the suffering we undergo.

I think we get something special once we accumulate enough "points". I think some people refer to that something special as "heaven", but there are different names for it.

I'm still going to be human though, right?

A points based karma system. I'd really like to be on the panel for that one.

I'm imagining some sort of x factor/pop idol thing.

People scrabbling so they don't end up as a cockroach in their next life.

Although i suspect cockroach heaven is full.

I'm still going to be human though, right?

A points based karma system. I'd really like to be on the panel for that one.

I'm imagining some sort of x factor/pop idol thing.

People scrabbling so they don't end up as a cockroach in their next life.

Although i suspect cockroach heaven is full.

:) I like that cockroach heaven thing. I think some people are cockroaches in this life without waiting for the next....

We have a points based Karma system on this site. Perhaps it applies to the afterlife as well.:)

I just picked those words because people from different religions have some sort of equivalent idea, but use different words to describe it. I wanted everyone to be able to understand what I was talking about.

The X-Factor, Pop Idol idea sounds kind of fun. I think I would sign up for cable if that was on one of the channels. The Celestial Realms Channel. News at 11.

:) I like that cockroach heaven thing. I think some people are cockroaches in this life without waiting for the next....

We have a points based Karma system on this site. Perhaps it applies to the afterlife as well.:)

I just picked those words because people from different religions have some sort of equivalent idea, but use different words to describe it. I wanted everyone to be able to understand what I was talking about.

The X-Factor, Pop Idol idea sounds kind of fun. I think I would sign up for cable if that was on one of the channels. The Celestial Realms
Channel. News at 11.

Karma 494, messages 335. You're through :)

So if you're not a member of this site you've no chance with heaven :)

Uh, I smoke marijuana, but sometimes I tried to prepare milk, butter, cake, etc, but it never worked for me XD

According to what I seen in a similar thread from AC, the effects vary from person to person, not to mention there's different varieties around, etc...
The effect is weird. I'd describe it as... keep in certain order of your control, but your thoughts happen so fast that the life moves slow. In order to keep productive though, it's best to keep in an activity before (or during) the first impact, and then keep on it, very focused. If you're lucky you'll proceed to the hyper-focus phase, where if nobody mocks around, your work is unstoppable, and most importantly, deep. The feelings turn stronger, more complex, but so is the capability to ignore certain things around so life feels some less overwhelming to process. It could be related to how the acting turns comparatively more NTish. There was a movie, about a guy who drank a transparent pill, that made him smarter; I wonder if marijuana is in a way similar, but... it only works this way if you avoid getting lazy, else your thoughts would only branch to "getting sleepy", and then it's hard to gain productivity.

Could have been a paranoid dream, but the second time I smoked, I remember seeing my body sleeping in a chair, but my conscience was... outside? And I wondered if would it be creepy if I trespassed my eyes within the walls :p

One thing though: Can't find links for the exact thing that I seen at the TV news, if my memory doesn't fail, it "replaces" gray matter with white matter, which works "equivalently" functional in your brain, up to 6 years of consumption. Personally, I'd take proper care of my brain, I don't want to lose functions; if I have projects to do, I'd rather smoke only when something very critically creative gets necessary, and between very spaced days.

You = Fail.

Isn't Marijuana ILLEGAL in most States?!

:p I wouldn't say no chance if not a member here. It would be nice to have a better chance if we are on this site. I like to think so.:D

You = Fail.

Isn't Marijuana ILLEGAL in most States?!

We now have 26 states that have legalized Marijuana in some fashion. Since we have 50 states, that is over half and therefore most of them. More states have a law to legalize it in the works.

Here's a link to a thread about this topic: Aspergers and Marijuana

It is also important to remember,like any medication,the results will vary for each user.

As far as I know,I don't think it is illegal to be stupid either,which may explain why we have such an abundance of idiots around the world :p

Why do you refer to it as "chocolate" as if
that were the most dubious & mysterious ingredient?

Apparently you got really wasted/stoned/high.

I'm just literal I guess It was 2 squares of a real chocolate bar, it had no taste, no smell.
I'm also a very safe person. I try and take care of my body and my mind, so I think I also feel a little guilty.
Yes, I guess I got stoned... I have never done that before... Not sure if I would do it again.
I love how you describe it...

You had pot brownies!

I don't do this anymore. My experience was back in the 70's and very similar. It takes a while to hit and hits hard so go slow when eating.

A word of caution. Historically, pot is a medicine. Alcohol, coffee and most things impact the brain. Sugar is a gateway drug.

Pot lowered my anxiety levels to the point that back in the 70's, I smoked before class. I smoked all during the day. I had a boyfriend who was growing. I was self medicating.

I write. One time while really loaded, I wrote pages of stuff. Read it the next morning. Wow was I paranoid. For the next few years, I tried to quit. I would not do it for a while, then would be back on. I finally quit when I had been meditating heavily for a year and moved out of my area. The test was after a year of not smoking, I had a roommate who smoked and sold and I really did not want to do it again. I did not smoke any again until around 2003. It's effects were different but after 20 or more years of meditation, the brain changes. It was really strong stuff and I just went to sleep in the chair. It was sort of a ehh.

You have to make a decision about smoking or eating. I have met a few that become less anxious but I have met some that have a rebound effect where pot and other substances can put them in a manic or hypomanic state. I think that was what was happening to me. Just FYI.

Wow, I never expected some of these replies... and I thank you so much for your honesty. I was feeling like I had wronged myself in one way, but understood a lot more in another... I don't even have the words so I won't try to explain something I simply cant... But thank you : )

It may have been the oil that triggered the experience, but, it sounds as though you had a trip called Astral travell. Shamens have used herbs from time beginning to induce trance states and have some wild, but, proven accurate experiences.
Some people just have this type of experience through sleep naturally. There is scientific study to show this is a common dream state phenomena. I have experienced it starting naturally around age 12 all of my life.
This was a big influence on my later getting a degree in metaphysical sciences. Like learning about Aspergers, it only helped explain what I already had experienced by giving names to different experiences and looking at it from what has been studied from a scientific view point.
I never did or needed illegal drugs and like you said, I don't even want to take medicines.
As far as reincarnation, I believe in it. But, probably only if you are binding yourself to the wheel of this physical plane. I love this subject, but, enough said to answer your question as per my experiences.
And you don't need psychotropics to learn more on the subject.

For some reason I maybe KNOW (not believe) that we can come back... I don't know how or when, but on the Karma thing... I know it as "cause and affect"... Every action I take (even posting this) is an action based on cause and affect (Karma). I try so very hard not to purposely offend others or bring harm to others. I'm so weird that I buy free range eggs/chicken because I saw how badly chickens are treated... Just one example of many.

Its like an inner goal that is with me 24/7 yet in that, I have allowed others to harm me when I might have been better off to defend myself. I see it as a reward for later, so I don't get too bound up over it.

Thank you so much... This is why I love this site. I was basically expected to get bashed and shamed and you all come out with these educated, honest, supportive replies... Why cant we be like this in the real world?

Here's a link to a thread about this topic: Aspergers and Marijuana

It is also important to remember,like any medication,the results will vary for each user.

As far as I know,I don't think it is illegal to be stupid either,which may explain why we have such an abundance of idiots around the world :p

Including the British government IMO, especially Theresa May.

@Rich Allen
Relax.

- I don't live in any english-speaking country :p
- We have laws, but most people actually only report illegalities to authorities, based in common sense or to mess with the person involved (which is crap attitude). This is why nearly nobody cares about piracy, nor even famous TV content creators mind about it =U (look for "Aplaplac" and "31 Minutos" :p ).
- It is free for medicinal purposes in my country
- It does much better effect than many stronger meds, and stigma is next to non-existent nowadays
- I find it's best to use it only for critical moments in content creation, and NT meetings (business, interviews, contracts, etc). The more/frequent it's consumed though, the less its effect works within same given quantity. So I find it's best to plan things well than take it at random times.
- It's destiny who will determine how much of a fail am I, based in my luck and my actions. Oh, and mine self-esteem.
- I don't mind being smart or an idiot. I am myself, however I happen to be, and I just want to be happy, and have success at all costs.
- I think that even the smartest person in the world would mistake things at times; we are all errants, and it's up to us to decide what to keep and to let go.
- Etc

Last edited:
A while ago I used to meditate everyday by a beautiful small lake. I remember one time coming to the realization that if the whole Earth came to an end, it will somehow appear somewhere else in the universe, and continue living there, in physical form.
I had been, until that moment, a bit obsessed about the world coming to an end (not right away, but as a possibility in the future) and since that moment, even though I still have an interest in wars in general, as well as in the ecological stress that we are imposing on the planet, I'm not worried anymore, because I know that life, somehow, will go on.

New Threads

Top Bottom