• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Potential adjustment

Keigan

Restless Mind
V.I.P Member
Here we are within a forum looking at all the threads or one specific thread. To the right is a list of "new threads".

People on my ignore list show in the "new threads" to the right, though out on the main screen of the forums, the threads created by people on my ignore list are removed.

Maybe an adjustment for "new threads" to consider the profile ignore list

Last edited:
Something I've also noticed. When I ignore/block someone I can't see their posts. They can still post on my profile and answer my questions, which I don't really like. Perhaps you might consider using a true blocking function?

Something I've also noticed. When I ignore/block someone I can't see their posts. They can still post on my profile and answer my questions, which I don't really like. Perhaps you might consider using a true blocking function?

Seems there is a third-party add-on to do just that on Xenforo Forums as an extension to the user ignore feature.

The information on this page states an ignored user can be "totally" blocked. As to how literal this may- or may not be I have no idea.

[WMTech] User Blocking System

I find that, I see the name of the one I have blocked and then, when I press on it ( stupid I know, but it is confusion for why I press on it), I get another name showing, but with the same thread.

Happily, no more blocks, for I hate doing that or having to do so.

@Sportster
Sounds like you are saying that
while you appreciate the Ignore feature
allowing Person A to Ignore Person B,
you would prefer the Ignore to
include Immunity/Protection from View as well.

That is an entirely different angle on the situation.
That is restriction of Person B's activity, rather than
change of focus for Person A.

@Sportster
I made that as plain as I could.
I'll try again.

I wonder if it would make more sense if I use names?
How about I use the names Sportster and tree?

Say Sportster doesn't want to see anything tree says.
So Sportster Ignores tree.

yay :)
No more visually obnoxious problematic input of tree's can
be seen by Sportster.

However, tree still sees Sportster's posts and comments on them.

ugh says Sportster. I don't like that. :(
I wish that when I Block/Ignore tree, that I were not subjected
to her having the privilege of rating my posts.

Person A = Sportster
Person B = tree

That's what I meant in the more abstract version, in Post#6.

New Threads

Top Bottom