• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Post a song that describes who you are as a person

My theme song. I would like this to be played every time I walk into a room. :D How funny would that be.

I'm just joking a little. But when I'm in a good mood I do often sing this song. I love musicals and something about this song is right for me.

I often hum it too. I get the John Coltrane version stuck in my head.

Led Zeppilin were one of my childhood heroes and this song made a huge impression on me. I knew that they were really singing about drug addiction but to me the song also related to my social relationships and also my responsibilities to the world I lived in. It's about being responsible for your own actions.

And my favorite version below, complete with a Hurdy Gurdy................

I don't think I could pick one song that could describe me as a person. I would need to pick from a few.

"I could live without so much
I can die without a clue

Sun keeps risin' in the west
I keep on wakin' fully confused"

Plus I love the Flanger effects pedal on the electric guitar in the song.

Time, time, time
See what's become of me
While I looked around for my possibilities
I was so hard to please
Look around
Leaves are brown
And the sky is a hazy shade of winter

Hang on to your hopes, my friend
That's an easy thing to say
But if your hopes should pass away
Simply pretend that you can build them again

Love, forgive me for not listening
To myself and to my truth
I forgive you for questioning
I'm still breathing, that's my proof

I can't think of any other song that fits other than this (although Sepultura's "Refuse Resist" came really close).

So, basically, what you need to do is go on YouTube, and find a song that describes who you are as a person. It can be serious or funny.

If you would like to, please type out a little description with the song, to further explain yourself. In this way, we can learn more about each other, whilst expressing ourselves.

I'll go first.
It's pretty self-explanatory, i think.
Some days I want to be seen, loved, feared, I want people to notice me. But at the same time I don't wanna be perceived at all. I want to exist just as a concept.
I want to do all the things in the world. I want to paint and sing a travel and be famous. And I want to stay at home, just laying on the grass and never move again.
And i could go on and on but I feel I've made my point.

A favorite song from my childhood that I think describes me pretty well (at least not on my down days)

New Threads

Top Bottom