• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Physical traits of Aspergers?

These things are very interesting, because I have very skinny arms and legs, and I've been asked many times if something is wrong, because I have such a serious look on my face even when I'm not feeling bad at all. And I'm still the same size as I was when I was a teenager, even though I've been an adult for some time now. People often mistake me for being much younger than my actual age. I never thought that these things might have a connection to AS. It's something very interesting to think about. I also dress in ways that might be considered age inappropriate, or sort of unusual, and I'm honestly not concerned about what other people think about it. I have to tell you, though, that I don't keep track of things like age, because I'm not like a perishable food item with an expiration date that I need to keep track of (lol).

I am thin and look very young for my age. At 27 I was asked for I'd! Maybe the girl was flirting with me he he. I'm 35 with no Gray bits in my full head of hair. I have nearly no body fat.
What surprises me is that I took loads of drugs,drank,worked too much and didn't sleep enough. Didn't begin to eat right until a couple of years ago. I don't have wrinkles, likely because my expression remains the same!! I look the same on most of my pictures. I think we do have a look.

Feels good to know that I am not alone in my uniqueness, weirdness, lol. Why don't I cry when someone dies? I know that I have a good heart, but I see death as an inevitable occurrence and therefore I don't cry. My family thinks I'm evil, but I am actually peaceful. I don't always laugh at the punchlines, i don't cry at funerals, I smile just to appear like I'm friendly, but inside I'm saying," please, do not disturb my inner peace". Am I making any sense?

When someone dies I often see the reason why it happened. I do feel loss. When my granny died I was devastated and cried in church. Some of my other friends that died I only see the reason why it happened, like one that died in a car accident. He drove like he wanted to die which is why I refused to drive with him.
I am sometimes afraid that I might have let the inside voice out and loudly declared that I want someone to simply go away, because I'm already talking to someone - myself!!

So yeah, perfect sense!

I tend to keep my fists closed and I always stand with my legs crossed, so I can keep balance. I have a very poor balance. If I close my eyes whe I´m standing I feel like I´m going to fall. Does anyone have the same issues?

I tend to keep my fists closed and I always stand with my legs crossed, so I can keep balance. I have a very poor balance. If I close my eyes whe I´m standing I feel like I´m going to fall. Does anyone have the same issues?

Sounds like to me that you are having inner ear problems. You might go to your doctor and have that checked out.

I have very poor balance. I always have to hold onto the rail going up or down stairs. Also sit with a pillow in my lap.

You would think that I have two left feet and hands, if you watched me do anything. I trip over my own feet and drop things constantly. I really like sports and have played a few individual sports (I am not much of a team player), but never very well. I am just to clumsy.

You would think that I have two left feet and hands, if you watched me do anything. I trip over my own feet and drop things constantly. I really like sports and have played a few individual sports (I am not much of a team player), but never very well. I am just to clumsy.
I dont participate in team sports for lack of confidence. I prefer solo sports...swimming & bodybuilding. I don't like the pressure of competition.

I used to be very clumsy. I still am if I am tired or over hungry. I tend to stand in weird positions. I prefer to sit on the floor. My face is usually expressionless. If I have expression, it feels incredibly exaggerated and clown like. Compared to my torso, my limbs are quite puny. Though I have a lot of grey hair, I still pull off being younger than I am.

I get the "you look so young" thing even now in my 30s. Looking at pictures of myself in my 20s, it's surreal how young my face seems.

I wish I had the young looks thing. All I see are the wrinkles under my eyes and the ever increasing gray hairs! I find myself colliding with door frames far too often. I also suffer from the Aspie stare, leading people to worry unnecessarily about me (usually I'm lost in thought about how I wish my life could be). I wish I had a nickle for every time someone asks "what's wrong" or "why are you grumpy" or "smile more", when all they see is my face reflecting a neutral state. I want to say "there wasn't anything wrong and I wasn't grumpy until you and #### other people started making assumptions about me, NOW I am upset, I will be grumpy, and am unlikely to smile at all because of you people!"
I also was also a rock steady 150 lbs my entire adult life until I started taking medication. Now I'm 165 lbs., down from a high of 210. All of this was within the past two years.

flat+effect.jpg

New Threads

Top Bottom