• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

PHP/AJAJ Game Ideas?

Well exactly like that only... the one or two MUDs I've actually seen I didn't think much of and I haven't seen that many TBH so I guess I didn't want to suggest it that way for those reasons, but you're right a MUD it would be.

EDIT: that and the multiplayer aspect was optional to the suggestion, a single player text adventure or rogue-like would still be cool

Last edited:
Ooh, yeah. That could be fun. A web-based MUD, basically?

I dunno about using PHP as a programming language to create a MUD-like game, as I think MUD's are written using RUBY, but that doesn't mean that it can't be done :) I need to choose a programming language and just stick with it, but it depends on what I'm trying learn. I got into RUBY and Python because I wanted to write games and C or C ++ because I wanted to learn about computer security.

I wanna play this game after you write :D

I dunno about using PHP as a programming language to create a MUD-like game, as I think MUD's are written using RUBY, but that doesn't mean that it can't be done :) I need to choose a programming language and just stick with it, but it depends on what I'm trying learn. I got into RUBY and Python because I wanted to write games and C or C ++ because I wanted to learn about computer security.

I wanna play this game after you write :D
Well it doesn't really matter what it's written in on the server side... I was thinking it might be cool to make a text-based game in which each player controls a starship and has to get resources, and you can fight and trade and stuff. Wouldn't be too difficult with MySQL and PHP.

New Threads

Top Bottom