• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

PET NAMES

tree

Blue/Green
Staff member
V.I.P Member
If you have a pet animal, here you can tell the name of the pet.:)
It can be a current pet or previous one. How did he/she get that name/what meaning do you
attach to the name?

Does your pet have a 'formal' name and several more nicknames? What are they and why?o_O

:catface::monkeyface::dogface::mouseface::babychick::pigface::sheep::rabbitface::horseface::koala::):snake::penguin::elephant::waterbuffalo::):dolphin::whale::frogface::bird::):chicken::cowface::crocodile::bug::bearface::smileycat:

The dear fellow in my avatar is named Grimm. Like those old European fairytales, Grimm is dark, looks serious (he's not!), and teaches me some challenging life lessons. And just like in those fairytales, the one with a good heart often wins. Grimm very much has a good and loving heart.

His nicknames are: The Doofinator (not a serious bone in his silly body!):D
Thunderfeets
Krachmacher (big noise maker... not a barker, but a happy, overenthusiastic crasher )
TurboButt
Shepzilla!
Mr. Eastern Block Head (he's Czech lines)
BeefySweets
TurboTongue (outrageously friendly)

Mook. Mookie. Muquero. _ girl. _hound. Pee Wee. Lil Puddler. Licker-dawg. The U-slurper.

Word to the wise: None ever used as passwords. ;)

Last edited:
Mezl...was a Russian Blue cat. Long E sound. Because he was measly/small.
aka Fang Boy. He lived 18 years.

Helio...long haired, golden yellow, polydactyl.
aka Helio-Schkvelio, Gump Chin

Black Duck and Water Rat...one cat. Named after 2 characters in an Aborigine story. She was a very small, short furred black cat.

Sneetch...a short-haired black male cat with a white star on his belly. Not all the Sneetches in the Seuss story had stars, but this guy did.

Four is enough to tell about, for now.
There were and are others.
:catface:

Last edited:
We have two dogs and one cat.

Bunkle who is a mixed breed and extremely scruffy looking. His name comes from a series of children's books from around the 1940. About 3 children who are trying to learn French. The third child picks it up fairly fast and starts his many conversations in French and his 2 siblings nicknamed him: Bunkle, due to him speaking a lot of "bunk" all the time.

Archy is our little sausage dog, who MEN go nuts over lol No real history behind his name, just liked it and suited him and thus, Archy he is.

Thomas is our blind cat. Again no real history but we chose a typical name, because he was the first cat we ever owned.

Mook. Mookie. Muquero. _ girl. _hound. Pee Wee. Lil Puddler. Licker-dawg. The U-slurper.

Word to the wise: None ever used as passwords. ;)

Passwords: I use scriptures hehehehe and they always come out with: excellent choice ;)

My little mutt is named Chiaotzu, after Chiaotzu because she's white with two spots on her face, and after the fact she's half chihuahua and half shih tzu. It seemed appropriate. But, because most people can't pronounce it, we just call her dog. Her previous owner called her Candy, which makes about as much sense as me naming an old white hen Rainbow. (She had one iridescent feather on her back. I wasn't a complete ditz.)

My names for our birds were:

1) Birdy
2) Birdy
3) Birdy
4 & 5) Birdies

The dogs are:

Momo
Molly
Penny
Peanut

The last two are registered pups, and though we intend to spay them for fun I came up with purebreed names for them:

Penny for your Thoughts
Get your Peanuts

My first cat was called Pepe le Pew, a very stinky but lovable giant grey cat, woulda been a hippy if human, I am sure he kept a stash of catnip and a pipe somewhere.
Minx and iggy a brother sister combo of half Manx natures. iggy had no tail whereas minx did and iggy was obsessed with her tail, they were inseparable. Iggy was wiry and mad and seemed as if he was constantly on drugs much like Iggy pop.
Waimate my neck scarf, he would always drink from the toilet, grrrrrr, Waimate means kinda "stagnant water" in Maori.
Pol pot-bellied chewyteeth my best mate, a chubby little tyrant, with...well chewyteeth.

One Dove. His name was Hooty. He said 'hoo hoo hoot a roo.'

4 dogs I have had:
Sunshine, an Irish Setter. I called her Sunny. Her fur and my hair were the same color.
Zonker, a German Shepherd. Named after a popcorn product. My SO, at the time, thought the dog should be called "Fool"---because I had said on the way back from getting him, that this might be a foolish move. I thought it would not be good to name a dog "Fool."
Luna...I thought her name should have been Biscuit. Then she would have been our dog Biscuit. She was that color, tan.
Queenie...came with that name. The people across the road had a dog with puppies and gave us Queenie.

I met a dog when I was south, away from home for 10 months. I was walking in the woods and he appeared. He looked very anxious. I asked him if he had people. He grinned in relief and said, "I do now." Then we went back to my mother's house. My sister named him Rambo. He kind of looks like Jimmie Durante.

Last edited:
First cat, when I was a child---I got to name him.
I picked what seemed, at the time, the brilliantly original "Fluffy,"
because he was.

Nemo and Grape were 2 cat brothers that I got my 3rd year in college.
Nemo was gray & white; I thought it meant something like 'no name.'
Pretty close. "Nobody" or "no man"--in Latin. Grape...because it was
absurd. I was at that sort of age.

MeNose. It sounds Indian or Egyptian. Really was short for "Meat Nose."

Ivy. She climbed. aka I.V. and Jive Sweater.

Eyra. A polydactyl female I liberated from the pound. She was sort of reddish brown.
There is a type of wild cat called an eyra. Helio's mother. She was pregnant when I got her.

Murry. He was gray. He showed me how to teach him to jump into my arms from
the floor. I just always wanted to name a cat Murry.

ImageUploadedByAspiesCentral.com1441249588.415663.jpg

My Spiker Biker

Our cats are Oscar and Ollie and they were named by the RSPCA where we got them from, when they receive kittens from one litter they name them using a letter of the alphabet and our two and their brother (who was called Otis) thus had names starting with O, we decided to keep using the names.

I also have a cat named Oscar! I also didn't name him. His previous owner named him. He knows his name and it fits, so I saw no need to change.

My last cat was Cleo, short for Cleopatra.

1st Bird - Birdy
2nd Bird - Birdy
3rd Bird - Birdy
4th & 5th Birds - Birdies

Dwarf African Frog - Froggy

1st Dog - Momo
2nd Dog - Molly
3rd Dog - Peanut
4th Dog - Penny

New Threads

Top Bottom