• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Paleontology

AutistheFrog

Resident Paleontology Nerd
One of my special interests that has been a special interest since I was a small child, is paleontology and paleoanthropology. I remember my dad told me one day, "You know, early humans weren't like the Flintstones..." and from that moment on, I was extremely interested to hear more. When I was just a bit older, my imaginary friend was an australopithecus. I even learned to spell "australopithecus" when I was nine years old.

Since then, I have gathered textbooks on paleontology and human evolution. I realized that not only was I interested in early humans, I also loved the evolution of mammals from therapsids and synapsids (previously known as "mammal-like reptiles") and was sort of interested in the atmosphere during Carboniferous times and even a tad interested in the Cambrian Explosion. I absolutely love the geological time scale, too, and have memorized some of the basic times in order:

Hadean, Archean, Proterozoic, Cambrian, Ordovecean, Silurian, Devonian, Carboniferous, Permian, Triassic, Jurrrassic, Cretaceous, Paleogene, Neogene, Quaternary. :D

I would love to be a professional paleontologist, and would study to become one already, if my math skills were good enough.

Does anyone else here like paleontology?

I love paleontology. I dropped out of my major in that in college due to general dishonesty in the field, but I love the actual science of it.

New Threads

Top Bottom