• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Offensive adverts

StephF

V.I.P Member
I recently noticed that the site carried an advert offering to "cure" Autism with Stem Cell treatment !

I think this is highly inappropriate as well as being ******** of the highest degree.

A developmental disorder such as Autism has no cure and I found the advert extremely offensive.

WHAT!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

this needs to be addressed immediately.
i will not be a member of any site that advertises a 'cure' for autism

i don't see any advertising because of my vip membership.
how come you do StephF ?
are you sure its not some adware ya might of picked up?

I recently noticed that the site carried an advert offering to "cure" Autism with Stem Cell treatment !

I think this is highly inappropriate as well as being ******** of the highest degree.

A developmental disorder such as Autism has no cure and I found the advert extremely offensive.

That there is an advert for a 'cure' on AC flies in the face of what we stand for here. It is bizarre b.s. I agree. To be fair and respectful to the users of the site, there should be a rule as to what sort of junk ends up being on the adverts.

That there is an advert for a 'cure' on AC flies in the face of what we stand for here. It is bizarre b.s. I agree. To be fair and respectful to the users of the site, there should be a rule as to what sort of junk ends up being on the adverts.

Have you seen it?

StephF
Can you copy it?
I don't see any ads.

Have you seen it?

StephF
Can you copy it?
I don't see any ads.
I have not looked at it because as soon as I sign in the ads disappear because of having a paid membership. The reason I have a paid membership is twofold: 1 to support a site that helps us aspies, & 2 to get rid of ads.

The ad appeared prior to my logging in. Once logged in, as a VIP user I see no ads.

If I see it again I will endeavour to screen shot it.

Attachments

• bad advert.jpg
    bad advert.jpg
    383.9 KB · Views: 364
I really feel that this is totally unacceptable for this site and a smack in the face to our members.
Someone who does not know better could end up getting ripped off by these charlatans.

I hope the staff will look into this quickly. :mad:

Fetal stem cells that we use in autism treatment positively affect all body organs and systems, and, first of all, this treatment targets the brain.
In autism, areas of brain regulating memory, concentration, attention, speech etc. are damaged.
http://www.emcell.com/emcell/autism_en/?gclid=CLfxpKXan8wCFcSRGwodugME6g

In order to be happy, autistic person should have:

• Feeling that his life is well-planned.
  • Well adapted communication system.
  • Self-care skills.
  • Ability to study and work.
  • Leisure skills.
  • Communication skills.
Stem cell therapy is an effective and safe method of autism treatment and can help many children suffering from autism and autistic spectrum disorders of different degree. However, cell therapy is the dessert, not the main course, and integrated treatment (diet, educational program) is recommended for optimal results.

END QUOTE

Great.
All we have to do is hike off to the Ukraine,
have a little treatment, and we all live happily
ever after.

Impressive.

:mad:

Guys you have to give me more than 12 hours to respond to posts on this site before blowing me up on my profile and here. We will find the ad and block it.

Guys you have to give me more than 12 hours to respond to posts on this site before blowing me up on my profile and here. We will find the ad and block it.

no ones blowing you up or anything, just letting you know so you can sort it out.
thank you for blocking the ad.

no ones blowing you up or anything, just letting you know so you can sort it out.
thank you for blocking the ad.

We do not get to approve every ad on this site and can only block ones when brought to our attention. This thread kind of reads otherwise. If you find an ad that you do not think should be on here then please simply send me a conversation with the information you have. No need to start a thread about it and have everyone discuss it and draw more attention to it than needed.

Thanks Brent, I'm sorry if this blew up badly. That wasn't my idea, I just wanted to raise awareness.
Thanks for getting to it so quickly :D

Although it may be a bit too late to reply to this thread, I agree with you. I don't think it's possible to cure autism, and that ad just makes me feel bad.

... that ad just makes me feel bad.

Help me understand what you are saying.

Do you mean the idea of that sort of ad?
Or do you mean you saw the ad, in the past & were offended?
Or do you mean you can see the ad now?

Thanks.

New Threads

Top Bottom