• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Nothing To Do

KevinMao133

I don’t know if I’m the only one experiencing this but most of the time I’m bored like there’s nothing to do

I put most of my focus on blogs, writing them, thinking about topics and posting

I try to find ways to kill time but I can’t

I’m either bored, tired or both

It seem like other things don’t interest me

I don’t know

Sounds like an opportunity for some new hobbies.

I understand feeling tired. That can be hard. If you can find your curiosity, I think increased energy will follow.

Can you imagine having any new hobbies or interests?

I bought a welder just prior to my retirement with gift certificate I got from work then stroke may be my son can use it later. I'M relegated to watching u-tube videos and this forum.

I don’t know if I’m the only one experiencing this but most of the time I’m bored like there’s nothing to do

I put most of my focus on blogs, writing them, thinking about topics and posting

I don’t know
Yes. Totally agree. Boredom is a serious mood killer. If I am bored, I initially get a bit of an anxiety attack, then my sensory issues flare up, then I have to go into "shut down mode" and I will take a nap for no other reason than to kill some time and get my mind off of my sensory issues until my wife comes home from work and we can spend some time together. Then I wake up and feel guilt for not doing things I probably should have been doing, knowing darn well, she's going to ask me what I did that day. The worst feeling is saying "nothing".

I have to have something, anything, to keep my mind occupied. Special interests, hobbies, literature searches, informational videos, working outdoors, projects or chores around the house, vehicle maintenance, exercise, picking up extra hours at work, whatever. As much as it sometimes taxes my brain, I literally need something to think about and do. I cannot be allowed to get bored and allow my sensory issues get the better of me. Like seriously, I get anxiety attacks from not stimulating my mind. It's almost pathological.

Part of the component of why I am goal-oriented and highly driven is for the reasons above. Physiologically and psychologically, I can't allow myself to relax my mind enough to get bored.

My mind is so active, I do not get bored easily my laptop is my key to the world. Watching great courses DVD today on string theory.

@KevinMao133

Gives me the feeling that time is like a
big empty enemy for you.

I don’t know
Books?
Puzzles?
Learning a skill?
Getting a notebook and journalling or writing stories?

New Threads

Top Bottom