• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Not yet diagnosed but therapist and I sure I have Aspergers.

corrinnemcmahon

Hi, new here. Pretty shy on new forums as I have had some issues on others. But I'm hoping I can make some friends here. I am in limbo right now waiting for psychological testing. My life is a mess though and I'm really struggling. I'm 26 almost 27 and I can't work, mostly because of my mental health but partly because of going through immigration too over here in the U.S. I have very low self esteem and also suffer with OCD. I really struggle socially and with depression. My anxiety right now is contained but I have lots of meltdowns. Not too sure what else to say. Thanks for reading.

Hello and welcome! You will find friendly people and good advice here that I hope will help you on your journey. Hang in there! Some things take time to get sorted out.

Welcome, again!

Hi & Welcome.
Hope things start taking a turn for the better. You certainly have found a place with many with similar experiences.

Welcome! Anyone whom opens up to people is a strong individual! This is one of the hardest steps. It took me a long time to get comfortable in my own skin, part of this was accepting me for me and opening up to others to help others. This is not always in my favor but in life you got to take chances. Hugs to you, keep your head up high!

Hi, corrinnemamahon, welcome to AC. I got diagnosed the same way you did, and I have a similar mix of comorbids. It can get very tough when they all start tangling like spaghetti, but hang out with us...we've all learned to live with, if not thrive on, pasta...

Sorry, couldn't resist. Anyway, welcome, and I look forward to seeing you around the threads.
--A4H

Welcome aboard :)
Glad to have you in the community.
image.jpg

Hi, Corrinne.

At least you don't have to walk it entirely alone. You've just found the friendliest group of fellow travelers on the Net.

I've had periods where I couldn't work a regular job due to mental health issues. I'm sorry to hear you're in that boat right now. I'll also be going through an immigration process this year, but in my case, I'll be leaving the U.S. for the UK. I'm sure it's difficult making such a big transition when you have complicating factors. I'm a little nervous, I must admit. I hope you have adequate local support. It would be interesting to hear about your experience as a new immigrant.

I see you're joining in the threads and creating your own. Not bad for a shy woman like yourself! It will be a pleasure to get to know you. :)

Peace,

Jennifer

Hi Corinne, I'm new here, too. I'm sure you'll find lots of support amongst the friendly people here. :) The first step is the hardest and you've already made it!

Kudos to you for recognizing that you're having meltdowns. Many who do, aspie or NT, don't recognize it. It helps to recognize that to find ways to minimize their occurrence and impact. I'm an NT and I get them, too.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom