• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

haileyrenee

Okay well I have been lurking on this site for about a week now; due to a suggestion from my therapist. So I suppose I'll introduce myself so you know a little about me...

My name is Hailey and I was only diagnosed last week; at 29 year old. I never really ever considered I was autistic; although now that I have had some time to think about it, it really does explain A LOT.

I have my degree in psychology; & am currently trying to get into grad school to eventually get my PhD and help kids/adults like us. :) I live in Nevada and it seems there is a huge need for more Autistic Therapists (here at least), so that is what I intend to do. Living almost 30 years diagnosed has definitely taught me lots (the hard way) and I intend to help bridge the gap and make this transition as graceful as possible, for as many people as possible.

I'm excited there are sites such as this one because the overwhelming feeling of isolation I've become accustomed to is no longer needed, I suppose. I have a seedy history of drug/alcohol reliance as well as more than my share of suicide attempts.
I don't want to focus too much on negativity any longer as I believe our thoughts create our reality and so I am experiencing a very impactful change in my thoughts as of recent.

My current "obsession" is Quantum Mechanics, Multi-verse theories, physics, Jungian psychology, integration, etc, etc.

I fear that I am a terrible communicator so I apologize for rambling; I hope this wasn't terribly boring to read.

Thanks to those who took the time to read this.

Catch ya later guys!
- Hae

Welcome. I am also 29. Figured out the whole ASD thing when I was 26 or so. It is still a daily struggle though.

welcome.png

I contributed some design and assembly work for SLAC back in my early days ;)

Welcome to AC Hailey!

It wasn't boring at all. Actually, it's interesting to me because I like hearing other people's life stories. :D

I think it's awesome that you have accomplished so much with all that you've struggled with and hope you find this place as welcoming as I have. :)

Welcome! I'm 29 years old as well, diagnosed just a few years ago. I know what it's like growing up without a clue that you are neurodiverse.

You seem to have caught the high intellect side of AS, which has its advantages. It's great the you intend on using your experience to build a rewarding career helping others. I hope we can be an encouragement along the way.

'Lo Hailey. I'm 29 too and I joined this site also due to my therapist's recommendation. I should have done it myself ages ago, because I have my fair share of struggles - anxiety (nearing depression, I suspect), emotional outbursts, self-hatred, lack of maturity, lack of social skills, very bad communication skills, facial tics, verbal tics...and what was I doing? Sweeping it all under the rug, hoping that it would go away one day. On its own. Whom was I kidding? Myself, and everyone around me who ends up suffering as a result. I come with a manual and it's hard for most people to tolerate me without eventually losing their cool and making me feel even more like a jerk, like a failure, like an idiot...the list goes on and on.

Your post was not boring to read at all, and I consider myself a "rambler" too. I'm proud of being that and pouring my heart out; it's what this site is for - we're all happy to listen and help out. I'm really happy you joined, and I should have joined it AGES ago, not sweep my struggles under the rug. I've had my fair share of interests, which include streetlights, sprinklers, construction sites, bottle caps, square-cabin trucks, 4-digit integers that start with the number 9, divisibility of certain integers, and certain video games (currently it's Hearthstone, an online card game - I always ramble about it, I always read about it, I always persuade others to play it; in my teenage years I constantly talked about Kirby, and people kept telling me to stop talking about Kirby).

I am learning so darn much by being a member of this community. So many wonderful people on here, the way God intended society to be. I feel like so many of the NT's around me can be snobbish, and the number of friends I managed to make is really small (well, an upgrade from my past life in any case). I've learned so much from so many of these wonderful folks, including the fact that Asperger's is not a disability. I'm really glad you've joined here, it's also a great opportunity to make some friends (you don't have to necessarily know someone in real life to be friends); I'm always happy to help out however I can, and there are so many people here I can totally relate to. Thanks for joining!

Okay well I have been lurking on this site for about a week now; due to a suggestion from my therapist. So I suppose I'll introduce myself so you know a little about me...

My name is Hailey and I was only diagnosed last week; at 29 year old. I never really ever considered I was autistic; although now that I have had some time to think about it, it really does explain A LOT.

I have my degree in psychology; & am currently trying to get into grad school to eventually get my PhD and help kids/adults like us. :) I live in Nevada and it seems there is a huge need for more Autistic Therapists (here at least), so that is what I intend to do. Living almost 30 years diagnosed has definitely taught me lots (the hard way) and I intend to help bridge the gap and make this transition as graceful as possible, for as many people as possible.

I'm excited there are sites such as this one because the overwhelming feeling of isolation I've become accustomed to is no longer needed, I suppose. I have a seedy history of drug/alcohol reliance as well as more than my share of suicide attempts.
I don't want to focus too much on negativity any longer as I believe our thoughts create our reality and so I am experiencing a very impactful change in my thoughts as of recent.

My current "obsession" is Quantum Mechanics, Multi-verse theories, physics, Jungian psychology, integration, etc, etc.

I fear that I am a terrible communicator so I apologize for rambling; I hope this wasn't terribly boring to read.

Thanks to those who took the time to read this.

Catch ya later guys!
- Hae
Hi Hailey. I am glad you introduced yourself. It is not boring. It is great that you are now diagnosed and planning for a nice future where you can be a big help to others.

'Lo Hailey. I'm 29 too and I joined this site also due to my therapist's recommendation. I should have done it myself ages ago, because I have my fair share of struggles - anxiety (nearing depression, I suspect), emotional outbursts, self-hatred, lack of maturity, lack of social skills, very bad communication skills, facial tics, verbal tics...and what was I doing? Sweeping it all under the rug, hoping that it would go away one day. On its own. Whom was I kidding? Myself, and everyone around me who ends up suffering as a result. I come with a manual and it's hard for most people to tolerate me without eventually losing their cool and making me feel even more like a jerk, like a failure, like an idiot...the list goes on and on.

Your post was not boring to read at all, and I consider myself a "rambler" too. I'm proud of being that and pouring my heart out; it's what this site is for - we're all happy to listen and help out. I'm really happy you joined, and I should have joined it AGES ago, not sweep my struggles under the rug. I've had my fair share of interests, which include streetlights, sprinklers, construction sites, bottle caps, square-cabin trucks, 4-digit integers that start with the number 9, divisibility of certain integers, and certain video games (currently it's Hearthstone, an online card game - I always ramble about it, I always read about it, I always persuade others to play it; in my teenage years I constantly talked about Kirby, and people kept telling me to stop talking about Kirby).

I am learning so darn much by being a member of this community. So many wonderful people on here, the way God intended society to be. I feel like so many of the NT's around me can be snobbish, and the number of friends I managed to make is really small (well, an upgrade from my past life in any case). I've learned so much from so many of these wonderful folks, including the fact that Asperger's is not a disability. I'm really glad you've joined here, it's also a great opportunity to make some friends (you don't have to necessarily know someone in real life to be friends); I'm always happy to help out however I can, and there are so many people here I can totally relate to. Thanks for joining!
I am so super appreciative of your heart-filled response! I'm excited to make some friends compliments of this site as well. I'm glad we both found some support :) You're not a failure/idiot/ or jerk; you seem like a really awesome guy, remember that your words matter!!!!!
It's nice to meet you! :)

I am so super appreciative of your heart-filled response! I'm excited to make some friends compliments of this site as well. I'm glad we both found some support :) You're not a failure/idiot/ or jerk; you seem like a really awesome guy, remember that your words matter!!!!!
It's nice to meet you! :)

I know that in my heart of hearts, but in some cases I can't help but feel otherwise...and thank you so much for the encouragement! It's really nice to meet you too and everyone else on here, I'm just really tired of how intense the people around me can be in real life :(

Now, now, let's not get exclusive or us southern folk will rise up. Brent lives just down the road and I know there are a few Tennesseans lurking about.:p

I have heard since I was little that the South would rise again, but I can't figure out where it is going to rise to.

New Threads

Top Bottom