• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Newbie: Yet Another Little Prof(essor)

Hi all, I'll be going by "Yet_Another_Little_Prof" here. Retrospectively, my own Autism journey began when I was of single digit age. It still rings in my head, my Mom commenting that I was "a Little Professor." Back in those days, one had to be quite low functioning to be labeled "Autistic." Me, I was labelled things like "intelligent" and even "special." I was later labelled "gifted." Such labels got me to university, but I could ride that wave no further. At university, I was just another student. Thus began the great chain of disappointments. Now in my 50s, I am trying to salvage what I can.

Welcome to AF.jpg

welcome
Hi all, I'll be going by "Yet_Another_Little_Prof" here. Retrospectively, my own Autism journey began when I was of single digit age. It still rings in my head, my Mom commenting that I was "a Little Professor." Back in those days, one had to be quite low functioning to be labeled "Autistic." Me, I was labelled things like "intelligent" and even "special." I was later labelled "gifted." Such labels got me to university, but I could ride that wave no further. At university, I was just another student. Thus began the great chain of disappointments. Now in my 50s, I am trying to salvage what I can.

Me, I was labelled things like "intelligent" and even "special." I was later labelled "gifted." Such labels got me to university, but I could ride that wave no further. At university, I was just another student. Thus began the great chain of disappointments

I am a bit younger, but I can relate. When you have all these great expectations about life after having so much academic success in school, it makes it even more devastating when you can't seem to fulfill your desires and wishes. When you struggle to even survive day to day or function in society after expecting so much more. I don't know your full story obviously, but know some of your pain. I have a masters degree and had a 4.0 GPA for my Bachelors. I have a good paying job, but may days have been hell. And few quality relationships and never even really dated anyone. Hopefully you can learn some things on here and feel a little more at home. And begin to heal from your past.

Hi yet another little prof. Welcome to AF!!!

I am doing better since I worked out that I have Aspergers. This will probably be helpful to you also. This site has lots of good information on it and lots of nice friendly people who are going through a lot of the same things you are. Just knowing that we share a lot experiences can make you feel better.

New Threads

Top Bottom