• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New

You have found a very informative and understanding forum. I hope you enjoy your time here. Welcome and good luck!

I'm sorry you feel lonely. Hopefully you can find some companionship on these forums. There are other girls your age on here, so maybe you could make contact.

Hopefully this forum can guide you toward better understanding yourself and others. The challenges of socialization are a common topic here and you might find some useful advice. Try checking out: How to Make Friends, Searching For Friends, Difficulty Making Friends, Depression and Social Isolation, and there are many more. You might even want to start a thread of your own.

We do have quite a few NT (Neurotypical, ie. non-autistic) folk who regularly contribute here. They might give you valuable insight into how socialization works from an allistic (an other word for non-autistic) perspective. Many of the difficulties we have come from perceiving the world differently from the majority of people, so behaviors that we find totally reasonable might seem strange and off-putting to the majority, and visa-verse. An analogy I've heard is it's like trying to get Macs and PCs to run on the same software.

Here is an article that might also be of use to you. I know you aren't quite an adult yet, but it's coming sooner than you think, and a lot of the information is pertinent anyway.

Welcome aboard. I hope you enjoy the friendly community.
image.jpg

New Threads

Top Bottom