• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New German autism magazine coming in September

Thanks for the heads up... just ordered it - it's coming out on 21 September, their site said. I have to take a look at what they concocted.

I must say I would feel better about it if it were a magazine by autistic people for autistic people, but instead they say with autistic people (on staff, among others), for... no audience in particular, and the press release is written from the point of view of a non-autistic person, mentioning autistic people (which feels a bit like othering) as 'an integral part of our editorial team'. Makes me wonder who the 'us' in 'our' is... but let's hope for the best.

Fingers crossed.

Hi HappyHermit, just to clarify: the magazine is made BY autistic people, as it says in the press release. It has two editors-in-chief, one autistic (myself), one neurotypical. This is to keep a balance between an insiders and an outsiders perspective, so to speak. We have contributions from numerous autistic people and people who live or work with autistic people. Therefore the magazine is directed at autistic people as well as other persons interested in the subject (for example family members, friends, people in education etc.). Thanks for your order! We hope you'll like it!

You can find the full German press release here: Der gemeinnützige Verein Autismus verstehen e.V. startet neues Autismus- Magazin mit dem Titel autismus verstehen

Last edited:
any MAYBE there will be an English version of this or a future issue at one point, but I don't have any more details on that yet. It all depends on the reception of this first issue.

I'd rather not be a contributor to deforestation so I'd rather have an online subscription

New Threads

Top Bottom