• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Myers Briggs Personality Poll

What is your personality type?

• ISFP

• ISTP

• ISFJ

• ISTJ

• INFP

• INTP

• INFJ

• INTJ

• Extroverted Personality Type

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ragnahawk

V.I.P Member
There is a chance that you will try to make believe another personality by covering up your weaknesses. I would like you to read up on the personality type you may be under to ensure that is the correct one.
After this, if you are willing please post your personality type below. This will help me identify those types better and possibly start generating possible connections to Asperger's.

I ran out of poll options.

My type is INTP.

Nice to see a poll and you can see from my footer that I'm ISTJ, but as I've discussed on another thread, everyone's personality is unique and far too complex to be summarised like this, especially from just a hand full of questions. There are an infinite number of possible personalities, but currently there are roughly 7.6 billion which is roughly the population of Earth at the time of writing. I think this test should be considered more of a bit of fun than a serious personality analysis.

Last edited:
Nice to see a poll and you can see from my footer that I'm ISTJ, but as I've discussed on another thread, everyone's personality is unique and far too complex to be summarised like this, especially from just a hand full of questions. There are an infinite number of possible personalities, but currently there are roughly 7.6 billion which is roughly the population of Earth at the time of writing. I think this test should be considered more of a bit of fun than a serious personality analysis.
What do you mean by a "handful" of questions, though? The test I took involved many more than a handful.

So far, INTPs are way out in front. They are supposed to be a rarer group. And only one E! Perhaps it is THE Aspie personality?

I've done the full test and it pretty much followed the free online versions.

If you consider that the test is indicative and not prescriptive using Myers Briggs is helpful for working out how others think and behave. It can help you work out how different people will react to certain things. Just don't make too many assumptions.

What do you mean by a "handful" of questions, though? The test I took involved many more than a handful.
Approx 15 minutes of questions is a "handful" when you consider that even when someone is married for many years and they believe they know their spouse well, they still often find out new things about their personality.

Approx 15 minutes of questions is a "handful" when you consider that even when someone is married for many years and they believe they know their spouse well, they still often find out new things about their personality.
Do you remember how many questions there were? There are different "versions" of the test out there.

Do you remember how many questions there were? There are different "versions" of the test out there.
I can't remember exactly how many, there was quite a few, but when compared to the almost infinite complexity of a personality it is just a handful of questions.

Also if you visit The Myers & Briggs Foundation - MBTI® Basics and read about the different personality types, I find I can mostly relate to various introverted types and this is probably the case with many people, I say mostly as none 100% describe me accurately and I don't even agree with everything on ISTJ that is supposed to be my personality, for instance I'm most definitely not "organized". None of the personalities will totally describe a lot of people because it is impossible to put people's almost infinitely complex personalities into just 16 categories and even if one category does appear to correctly describe a person, there will usually be other personality traits that aren't listed that also apply and some of these may even be listed on another personality type. Even when you consider the split of introverted and extroverted personalities, well there is no definite split of one or the other, for instance some people maybe be right down the middle, yes autistic people are more likely to be introverted, but even then some are more introverted than others. You could however say this about all the personality traits, for instance "factual", again there is no definite split of people who are factual or non factual as people are at varying points.

Edit: Finally as I said I am apparently ISTJ, so do you think that everyone else who is also tested ISTJ has the same personality as me? Of course not, there will be massive variations and different types of people that are all supposed to fit into the same neat category.

Last edited:
I can't remember exactly how many, there was quite a few, but when compared to the almost infinite complexity of a personality it is just a handful of questions.

Also if you visit The Myers & Briggs Foundation - MBTI® Basics and read about the different personality types, I find I can mostly relate to various introverted types and this is probably the case with many people, I say mostly as none 100% describe me accurately and I don't even agree with everything on ISTJ that is supposed to be my personality, for instance I'm most definitely not "organized". None of the personalities will totally describe a lot of people because it is impossible to put people's almost infinitely complex personalities into just 16 categories and even if one category does appear to correctly describe a person, there will usually be other personality traits that aren't listed that also apply and some of these may even be listed on another personality type. Even when you consider the split of introverted and extroverted personalities, well there is no definite split of one or the other, for instance some people maybe be right down the middle, yes autistic people are more likely to be introverted, but even then some are more introverted than others. You could however say this about all the personality traits, for instance "factual", again there is no definite split of people who are factual or non factual as people are at varying points.
We had to take it in class once, and there was definitely a range of reactions to the results!

I have gotten both INTJ and INTP at different times on these tests. I voted INTj since I have scored that more often, but it is a very weak j to be sure.

I've gotten ISTJ 3 times the last I took it. Looking at the descriptions on websites ISTJ fits me the best, but even that doesn't begin to sum up my personality.

INFJ-T. I've taken one test twice and two others from different websites and have come up with the same type every time. This last one added the -T is the only difference besides slight percentage changes but the same letters. I didn't take them all on the same day. The first one I took twice was weeks apart a year ago and the other two were more recent.

INTP. Perhaps I am unusual in that I'm at one end or the other on the four axes that are used (I suspect), and people who are somewhere in the middle of one or more will find that their traits are equally divided between the personality types which claim each end of the relevant axis (axes). However, I had previously taken many personality tests and considered them all to be BS until I took the Meyers-Briggs. I was astounded that it fit so very well.

I took what I guess is the 'full' version of the test, it was part of a course I was taking and in the form of booklet(s) and a strip(strips) of light card on which I was to pencil in the appropriate circles so that a computer could read it. Yeah, I'm old. It took over an hour (for most of us), it was a while ago but I'm positive that it consisted of many times more questions than I've seen on any free on-line versions. Our class spent most of a morning on it.

INTP. Perhaps I am unusual in that I'm at one end or the other on the four axes that are used (I suspect), and people who are somewhere in the middle of one or more will find that their traits are equally divided between the personality types which claim each end of the relevant axis (axes). However, I had previously taken many personality tests and considered them all to be BS until I took the Meyers-Briggs. I was astounded that it fit so very well.

I took what I guess is the 'full' version of the test, it was part of a course I was taking and in the form of booklet(s) and a strip(strips) of light card on which I was to pencil in the appropriate circles so that a computer could read it. Yeah, I'm old. It took over an hour (for most of us), it was a while ago but I'm positive that it consisted of many times more questions than I've seen on any free on-line versions. Our class spent most of a morning on it.
You need the book on INTP. I think its called the INTP journey? Basically INTP all follow this pattern and need to first find their purpose before they integrate.

INTP , the basic flaw I see in this system is where do/s each basic characteristic start, where is the inflection point. i spent my career working with colour a very good analogy. for example where does pink start and change over to red. I used what is called the opposing colour system very similar to the Myers Briggs red green axis yellow blue axis and finally black white axis. Personality attributes are on a continuum.

New Threads

Top Bottom