• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

My Thoughts On Inaguration Day

FromEquestria2LA

I know we're heading into uncertain times, but please hear me out.
For me, I don't want to give into cynicism and lose all hope of things. For some, it may be hard, but bear in mind that I do empathize with you (that feel this way). The way I see things, from a broader historical perspective, the country and the world has survived through much worse than this; and for me, worrying about things that are beyond my control isn't going to change anything!
So, we may be in uncertain times, but at times like this, it's important to know that all is NEVER lost. It's all about looking at the big picture.
I shall end this message with this: I want to give you all a big hug. You all mean a lot to me.
Much love and peace to all.

I stopped reading the news on the day of the election, and I've not started again.

I felt like someone afraid of flying who was staring at the wings in the knowledge that they'd fall off if they look away. My reading the news obsessively didn't stop Trump or Brexit.

Now the world can look after itself, I'm not holding it together any more :p

Good night and good luck :coldsweat:

Although the US economic system doesn't nearly affect me anywhere near how it does for those that live in the US. I'm thinking this man has been bankrupt six times. Do you want that leading your country? You can argue well he's become back from it six times, but you should near have to come bankrupt six times in the first place. I'm scared for the environmental damage he could do. I'm scared for the equality of people. And I'm scared for the poor and the people who are just only able to make things meet.

' "May you live in interesting times" is an English expression purported to be a translation of a traditional Chinese curse. While seemingly a blessing, the expression is always used ironically, with the clear implication that 'uninteresting times', of peace and tranquillity, are more life-enhancing than interesting ones, which from historical perspective usually include disorder and conflict.'

May you live in interesting times - Wikipedia

Hopefully yet another four-year ritual of a peaceful transition of power and the opportunity for peaceful freedom of expression.

I worry about the next four years. Why ? Because I liken Trump to a child in an adult's body.

Even worse, a child in an adult's body with access to a nuclear arsenal.

:eek:

Relax. Trump is not the monster the media makes him out to be. The next four or eight years they are going to demonize him nonstop. The media has become an arm of the Democrat party.

Hey, we just survived eight years of a president who's only work experience was as a community organizer. I am very optimistic about the future of the U.S. Many large companies have already vowed to invest in or move business back here because of Trump. He's a smart man who has hired the best of the best in his cabinet. And hopefully he can do something to make health insurance affordable once again.

Relax. Trump is not the monster the media makes him out to be. The next four or eight years they are going to demonize him nonstop. The media has become an arm of the Democrat party.

Hey, we just survived eight years of a president who's only work experience was as a community organizer. I am very optimistic about the future of the U.S. Many large companies have already vowed to invest in or move business back here because of Trump. He's a smart man who has hired the best of the best in his cabinet. And hopefully he can do something to make health insurance affordable once again.

I think we've been watching different versions of the same film.

My version was directed by David Cronenberg and was a bizarre story about an egotistic, and foolish rich man who got turned into the puppet of an aggressive foreign power, yet still managed to gain the most powerful position in the world.

A surreal, deranged and scary roller-coaster that threatens to take the world to new lows, and terrifying precipices.

Not for the faint hearted.

I don't like disaster films though.

Trump's Presidency is a disaster waiting to happen IMO.

The whole world hates him, and rightfully so.... He's a racist, sexist Buffoon who hates the world and everyone in it who he thinks isn't "normal" (so us Aspies are definitely his enemies).

I'm worried. His first days as a president have only increased that. Banning government agencies from using Twitter because someone retweeted a post that was critical of Trump. Continuing his policy of calling news stations fake when they report something that doesn't favor him.
Removing the pages on civil rights, LGBT rights and climate change from the White House's website.

I just hope the damage he does to the world while he's in charge can be minimized. I hope basic humanity prevails over the message of intolerance he spreads. And I really hope his election isn't a sign of things to come in the upcoming elections in Europe.

New Threads

Top Bottom