• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

My brother has autism and is 27, pees on the floor

BrotherOfAutism

Hi guys, new to the site.
I have a question. I am not autistic, but my brother is and he is an adult (age 27).
The problem is that he pees on the floor while standing and now all of a sudden he is peeing on the floor while going number 2. He is not pushing his privates inside the bowl, and not holding his privates. I have been trying to show him how to hold it, yet he still does it. This is something he has never done before in the 25 years of his life, he just started doing this about a year ago. He has always held his privates.
My father thinks it has to do with any sexual behaviors but to me that doesn't make any sense. Has anyone else experienced this before?

Welcome!

I'm wondering if he could have a urinary tract infection or something similar that is causing it to be uncomfortable down there. Is he verbal? If so can you ask him if he has any pain?

Hi BrotherofAutism :)

I'm sure you will find someone here that can help you.

welcome to af.png

Welcome, @BrotherOfAutism to AF.

Child training toilets used to have a cup mounted on them just for that purpose. Maybe, a medical supply place has a toilet ring that has been so modified for adults...?
47519_f035207d39a78858cf4292a87af8694f.gif
Short-term fix: if he is hitting the same area each time, you could place a bucket there.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom