• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

My art project for school

Emzical

From the moment i got on here I've bumped into some really bitter people. Why do they reply to your thread if they only want to criticise. I put up a thread last month or so, asking for photographs of peoples food so i can use the pictures for an art project.

i've just logged back in to find a member warning people away from uploading pictures of their food. saying that im demanding they cater to me and that it's creepy. Im really upset by this! i'm just trying to do my project and now i don't have any pictures. I have not asked for personal information, faces etc.

I never seen the face request one, and I didn't see all these comments on the food until just now when I looked back. There are a lot of 'post your whatever' on here and I always took them to just be fun. I would not have posted my face because, yes, that seems a bit creepy. But the food one - I just seen people having fun with it and most of the pictures probably are from the internet showing things they like, which was just like other things we like threads. Sorry you had to be singled out. Maybe you can show us what you're doing. I'd be interested in seeing it and will probably feel bad for not taking your request more seriously.

I'm not sure why you had that response, I don't think I saw that thread / wasn't participating in the forum yet... I haven't seen what you wrote, but I don't know why someone would take offence at it. Having said that, maybe some didn't want to go out of their way to photograph their meals? I don't know.
Pintrest and Instagram are good places for food photos though! :)

I never seen the face request one, and I didn't see all these comments on the food until just now when I looked back. There are a lot of 'post your whatever' on here and I always took them to just be fun. I would not have posted my face because, yes, that seems a bit creepy. But the food one - I just seen people having fun with it and most of the pictures probably are from the internet showing things they like, which was just like other things we like threads. Sorry you had to be singled out. Maybe you can show us what you're doing. I'd be interested in seeing it and will probably feel bad for not taking your request more seriously.
Hi, Thank you Pats. this means a lot. I wanted to put all the pictures into a collage as a visual research tool. It would serve as a piece of art in itself but will also feed inspiration to a food sculpture. thats what i hoped to do but don't really have enough pictures. I wanted to draw on the idiosyncrasies of the food arrangements, colours etc.

From the moment i got on here I've bumped into some really bitter people. Why do they reply to your thread if they only want to criticise. I put up a thread last month or so, asking for photographs of peoples food so i can use the pictures for an art project.

i've just logged back in to find a member warning people away from uploading pictures of their food. saying that im demanding they cater to me and that it's creepy. Im really upset by this! i'm just trying to do my project and now i don't have any pictures. I have not asked for personal information, faces etc.
Oh dear. I never felt that way. I didn't because food is murdering me every day. If it were not, I would gladly post. In fact, here is a drink I am drinking! :)

sprouts.jpg

I'm not sure why you had that response, I don't think I saw that thread / wasn't participating in the forum yet... I haven't seen what you wrote, but I don't know why someone would take offence at it. Having said that, maybe some didn't want to go out of their way to photograph their meals? I don't know.
Pintrest and Instagram are good places for food photos though! :)
Hi thanks for your reply. It was stated to be voluntary and to only involve yourself if you wanted. I chose to ask here, as my project is about aspergers/autism and the eating habits/arrangments/colours etc. the pictures would be anonymous and compiled as a collage to inspire the project further.

Seems like this school project would be an example
of something that if it had been possible to ask people
in real life for tangible photos, there'd have been little
to no negative reaction.

No anxiety due to the possibility of personal information
being inadvertently shared. People find that a very upsetting
aspect of the internet.

Hi thanks for your reply. It was stated to be voluntary and to only involve yourself if you wanted. I chose to ask here, as my project is about aspergers/autism and the eating habits/arrangments/colours etc. the pictures would be anonymous and compiled as a collage to inspire the project further.
That actually sounds interesting, I wonder if people like to arrange their foods in patterns or have some rules to them. o_O ? When I had an eating disorder I would separate most components into little piles by type, but not so much anymore.
I'm sorry you didn't receive the support you needed here, it would have been really fun to see a collage and the finished product.

Seems like this school project would be an example
of something that if it had been possible to ask people
in real life for tangible photos, there'd have been little
to no negative reaction.

No anxiety due to the possibility of personal information
being inadvertently shared. People find that a very upsetting
aspect of the internet.
Unfortunately I can’t get tangible photos. The internet is the only access I have to interact with other people such as this.

Sorry about your project getting derailed. The way I see negative comments is that most of us here are on the spectrum and we each have our moods - in general or momentary. Don't get too taken back by negativity. I often see signs of restraint when a comment of criticism is being made. Most of us try to be delicate because we understand the unnecessary impact of rudeness. We have to be kind to one another while making our messages clear. In lieu of Asperger food, you should try to get shots from yelp or other social media sources - if you want primitive pictures vs. commercial ones. I don't know the parameters of your project, but think of accessing very old magazines. The black and white pictures of steak and asparagus with Heinz ketchup could add a fun retro/kitch element. I hope you share your finished project with us. I enjoy collages.

It's just general paranoia, especially since it's the Internet, don't let it get in the way of your project :)

We've had Trolls and Creeps in the past on here, not too unusual to be quite honest; a Semi-Recent one being back in June/July, someone claiming to be a Psychic being able to "balance peoples energies" and "cure peoples ailments" (and considered autism to be an ailment) by looking at a persons face and was asking for photos that had members' faces in it. Was quite fun to challenge them to be honest :D (always is)

I hope you continue your project and not let one or two Debbie Downers get in the way, I'm sure it'll be fantastic to see the final product in the end :)

New Threads

Top Bottom