• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Sensitive Topic ‘Medic’ who says he can cure Ebola, Aids and autism with bleach enema is coming to the UK

AGXStarseed

(Not written by me)

jim-humble.jpg

A man who claims he can cure Ebola, Aids and autism with bleach is heading to the UK for a conference next month.

Jim Humble, who calls himself the Archbishop of the Genesis II Church of Health and Healing, is due to speak at the Spirit of Health conference in Seaford, East Sussex.

But campaigners want organisers to prevent him from promoting his goods.

One such ‘cure’ is his Miracle Mineral Solution which contains chlorine dioxide – a mix of sodium chlorite and citric acid.

He wrote: ‘Enemas have been around for ages and serve as a safe and effective way to gently clean the colon when problems with digestion and/or elimination occur.

‘Benefits have been observed repeatedly as a result of using a HIGHLY DILUTED amount of MMS in the enema solution.’

In 2012 the UK Food Standards Agency likened it to ‘industrial-strength bleach’ and warned ‘when taken as directed it could cause severe nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea.’

One mother with two autistic children, said: ‘Autism is a neuro-developmental condition and not a disease, so even the word “cure” is highly insulting to autistic people.’

Campaigner Joe Walton is one of those leading the calls for Humble to be barred from the conference.

He said: ‘The UK Border Agency should deny entry due to the immense stupidity and risk to public health of the crap he propagates.’

The conference organisers have been contacted for comment.

Related: Sensitive Topic - Some parents trying to reverse autism by giving their children toxic ‘miracle’ bleach enemas | AspiesCentral.com

SOURCE: 'Medic' Jim Humble who says he can cure Ebola, Aids and autism with bleach enema is coming to the UK | Metro News

Last edited:
*headdesk*

A man who claims he can cure Ebola, Aids and autism with bleach is heading to the UK for a conference next month.

There is a huge issue with just this. Just this tagline alone, which describes the skeleton of the story.

I'm not saying to claim any of these should be treated with idiocy is appropriate but certainly in the case of Ebola and AIDS these are not inherent neurological developmental issues that can manifest as "possibly subjective" symptoms and behaviors [or however you want to say people see and interpret what they want to see a times because Human].

I mean, there are really no basic lab tests for Autism.

There are clearly objective and agreed upon lab tests for Ebola and AIDS.
You can't just have someone snort cinnamon and rub glitter in their eyes [which frankly are about as ideal as the "treatment" under discussion] and then ignore the fact that people are still clearly ill according to lab results which are agreed upon by numerous entities around the world.

Well, wait. You can [extremely simplified. maybe not with the glitter in the eyes.]:

Option 1: You believe in the illnesses because lab tests provide evidence that these people have these illnesses.

Option 2: You don't believe in existence of the illnesses according to the above evidence so you don't agree that lab tests are EVER evidence. In this case something else indicates that they are sick before "bleach cure" and something else indicates they are "healthy" after application of said "bleach cure" and previously mentioned objective lab tests are now irrelevant.

Because who needs that crap, right?

You can't have it both ways.

um. sorry. rant.

If I may post this: The man who encourages the sick and dying to drink industrial bleach | Martin Robbins | Science | The Guardian
It's an article from The Guardian about Jim Humble. And, well, yikes! What a bad man.

Well, this appears to be an attempt at some kind of insidious eugenics movement.
So yeah, not a super great guy.

Despite my earlier rant:
And kook or not? He appears to have convinced some people- enough to have authorities worried. Crazy kooks with pull you actually need to pay attention to at some point, unfourtunately. Ick.

Bleach is ridiculus and dangerous. Now if he said Vinegar, I would still think it idiotic, but at least it would likely clean your system out. That stuff is in every home cleaning recipe known.

He can come to the UK, but he can't guarantee the greeting he'll get there.

Which raises a small, niggling point. Is how aspies think a key to resisting snake oil salesmanship? Due to the aspie devotion to detail and general hardiness, indifference, or inability to process sentimental or emotionally charged environments? And due to the depressive's more generally realistic view of things in general?

Again, I find myself on the theme of asperges: the notion that as aspies, we cleanse the community.

Which raises a small, niggling point. Is how aspies think a key to resisting snake oil salesmanship? Due to the aspie devotion to detail and general hardiness, indifference, or inability to process sentimental or emotionally charged environments? And due to the depressive's more generally realistic view of things in general?
Could it possibly also be due to our social skills in general? A rather socially inept Aspie vs. a salesman would probably just say "Don't want it. Don't want it. Don't want it. Still don't want it. Dude, did you hear me? I don't want it!". Then there's the technical and intelligent Aspie who'll question something to death to the point either the salesman loses interest (or gets found out if it's a defective thing). Or those who've become pseudo-stalkers in a bid to understand communication would see all sorts of red flags early on because they've trained themselves to notice such things and thus still "don't want it". I personally am very creeped out by salespeople and don't trust them as far as I can kick them because the exude dishonesty and general unsettledness.

And another possible reason the brain has red-only cells is because red is the color of blood. The sooner you either recognize your food as bleeding or yourself as bleeding increases your chance of survival? :yum:

He can come to the UK, but he can't guarantee the greeting he'll get there.

Which raises a small, niggling point. Is how aspies think a key to resisting snake oil salesmanship?
I think most people with common sense, and I am talking about both NTs and Aspies here, can recognise his "solution" as dangerous and abusive.

But there are always those few who flock to such things.

Yeah, I heard about this whacko years ago (incidentally, by following the Rhys Morgan story mentioned in that Guardian article). I was very sad to hear that he'd come into the spotlight again recently. If you can't get your cockamamy medical/psychiatric ideas accepted by science, create a religion around it.

Last edited:
Why do all the exceptionally crazy people originate from the USA? Are we in some way encouraging this kind of behaviour? :sweat:

I suppose over here some folks get points for originality. Even when it kills people. :eek:

So many people still looking for their 15 minutes of fame and kool-aid by the keg. Mind-boggling.

Last edited:
Standout DNA, from inability to get along with our neighbors and Ye Olde Countrie, resulting in a larger-than-usual population of deviants to begin with?

New Threads

Top Bottom