• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Magical power and Aspies

Dadwith2Autisticsons

V.I.P Member
I was just wondering what one power each of you would want if you were granted only one to have, and why? You can either pretend you are some fictional superhero in some fantasy, and you have some wonderful extra ability, no matter how far fetched, or you can see yourself in real life as being given the opportunity to have one certain great strength or trait that would either change the world in some small or big way to your liking, or that would bring much extra happiness, functionality, relief or success to you. So, pick some more real or imagined power no matter how magical that you would dream to have. For those who would not want to change a thing, that would be an acceptable answer too. Thanks.

I changed my mind. I want an on/off switch for all the noise out there. So I can turn off traffic noise and firecrackers but still hear frogs. That would be just perfect.

You don't need magic for that. Just some expensive Bose Quiet Comfort Noise-Cancelling headphones and a CD player with ambient sounds like frogs or crickets on a summer night. ;)

I've tested such technology. It really works. :cool:

Last edited:
This was a tough question for me to answer as I have most everything I want in life, but I just feel I could be doing more. I just do not think I have reached my potential, yet I do not think I am very far away. There is something missing for me to be totally happy, so I often think about that, and I just think I need a little boost.

In my case, I think I would want the power to be totally relaxed in front of large audience groups. So, whatever that is that would turn off my extreme self-consciousness in front of big gatherings, I would want that, as that is the only thing preventing me from what more I need in life I feel. I have made lots of strides there, but just need a short ways to go.

I always dreamed of giving speeches in front of large groups of persons like high school and college students, and sharing my life story that involved an alcoholic and abusive father, a mentally ill mother, severe poverty, severe social dysfunction, two Autistic children, a wife who had much need, and my big efforts to help myself and change society for the better, in numerous ways.

It is sadly disappointing that many of the supposedly great public motivational speakers are just extroverted celebrities who are very successful. I think this world needs more introspective, modest, real persons with conditions, and those who can show such young audiences that they have the power to grow, be happy and succeed despite the odds they faced, too, but to define this in their very own unique ways.

Time travel, to undo the mistakes that ruined my life over the last 12 years.

In the past I would have chosen something like time travel. But, looking back on things now, I do not think I made too many mistakes. If anything, I think I was too perfect then. My parents were really the problem, and the other students. But, back when I was growing up, I had very low self-esteem, and would have changed lots of things.

You don't need magic for that. Just some expensive Bose Quiet Comfort Noise-Cancelling headphones and a CD player with ambient sounds like frogs or crickets on a summer night. ;)

I used to listen to nature sounds a lot when I was living alone.
That helped calm me those twenty years, though I was pretty calm anyway when I avoided people. Only after being near them for extended time did I have to find ways to relax. So, in my case, I never needed that for noise issues, but anxiety issues.

Last edited:
Shapeshifting.

I had to ask my wife what that meant, and she said that was like a metamorphosis. That would seem fun, to view the world from numerous different perspectives, and to escape into that form to fit the desire or need whenever you wanted to be somewhere else, or to be someone or something else. I remember reading Franz Kafka's "The Metamorphosis" and that was very interesting to read.

I just want to be able to find all the stuff I misplace (I don't lose it!). So the ability to find stuff, super epic right?

Foresight, being able to look into the future, even with the consequences that may bring.

I fear that I might not like what I see...

I want real frogs.:(

Foresight, being able to look into the future, even with the consequences that may bring.

I fear that I might not like what I see...

That is one thing I would have wanted when I was much younger, to see what my life would have turned out to be, and with whom, when I needed those important answers. Now that I have that information, I think knowing the future would create more stress than anything else, and as I am a present day thinker. I rather not know when death would occur or the future of our children, but to focus just on enjoying each day.

I just want to be able to find all the stuff I misplace (I don't lose it!). So the ability to find stuff, super epic right?

They invented electronic key fobs to find cars, and so what I would need is some device to find my keys. Maybe push some button in the car and the keys would beep. I am always losing those. As for things our youngest son Dylan likes to hide, he has usual hiding places based on routine so it takes seconds only to find those items. He loves throwing things behind the washer or shoving them under his bed or under the couch.

Coincidentally, I've been fantasizing about having fairy wings for the last week.

I wouldn't mind flying all over as I love nature, and as I could escape certain situations or be quickly present at other places. So, I could travel to lots of scenic places throughout the world, get out of situations that involved others I disliked, and be present in a jiffy to like concerts and sporting events, to name a few, viewing those from up above.

I changed my mind. I want an on/off switch for all the noise out there. So I can turn off traffic noise and firecrackers but still hear frogs. That would be just perfect.

I find frog sounds and cricket sounds at night soothing, and am annoyed by heavy traffic noise and very loud voices, as it reminds me when my parents yelled a lot when I was young. But, there is a bird at night that forces us to close the windows during the summer. The nocturnal whip-poor-will bird will be starting their song in the trees a few minutes from now and it continues throughout the night. That on/off switch would become handy during summer nights, and the few times we go to the city. Luckily, we live in a very quiet area.

I had to ask my wife what that meant, and she said that was like a metamorphosis. That would seem fun, to view the world from numerous different perspectives, and to escape into that form to fit the desire or need whenever you wanted to be somewhere else, or to be someone or something else. I remember reading Franz Kafka's "The Metamorphosis" and that was very interesting to read.

That and the fact that shapeshifting isn't limited. I could be a cat, a rabbit or even a stop sign.

The power of levitation coupled with the power to have unlimited cash... But God knows that there's a reason I can't pick my superpowers. Which, reminds me of a story about a man my grandfather knew: he bought a printing press and began manufacturing fake money, but his first sale was to two undercover agents. He did the time, got out, and used the exact same printing press to make real estate ad booklets for a prestigious Floridian island. He made enough cash to buy the biggest house on the island.

New Threads

Top Bottom