• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Luminosity

pelecanus87

Since I have some mental weaknesses that are very challenging, I was wondering if Luminosity or other "brain training" services would be helpful. Has anyone ever tried this service?

Since I have some mental weaknesses that are very challenging, I was wondering if Luminosity or other "brain training" services would be helpful. Has anyone ever tried this service?
I also have some mental weaknesses and im not sure because i might have tryed Luminosity but i don,t remember they do look like a good and helpful brain training website and there are some other good ones but i would have to look into it.

I used to play these every day. I think they are really helpful to increase focus and improve cognitive ability.. but it depends on what kind of mental weakness you mean?

Have you tried meditation.. its a very challenging (although deceptively simple) form of brain training..

I also have some mental weaknesses and im not sure because i might have tryed Luminosity but i don,t remember they do look like a good and helpful brain training website and there are some other good ones but i would have to look into it.
I subscribed to them for a few weeks. The puzzles are challenging and usually timed to force a person to think fast. After a news report that Luminosity wasn't as effective as they advertised for fending off dementia, I cancelled them. Part of it was the cost and partly because I had to set aside time each day to work on their tests. Lastly, I can easily find mental challenges in other games for free and can do them at my leisure.
Check the period of time you are allowed to try them out for free before you make a long term commitment.

Already tried it with a paid subscription. I scored in the 95th+ percentile for everything after a couple of days, not sure how effective it would be in the long run for some people. Not only that, but most of the games are painfully easy once you get the hang of them. Well, to me anyways.

There's another website than you can try that's similar to Luminosity, only difference is you don't have to pay a dime. Just have an email account on hand before you register.

Last edited:

Hi there! Luminosity! Wow; Blast from my past, I went mad 4 that site a few years ago, after a friend emailed me a link to try it for free. In about 2007. I think?

Then, you could get a 6 week free trial I think & if you have a load of different email addresses, you can prolong this for ages without paying a subscription fee.

I did find a lot of it quite challenging at first, as co-ordination isn't my strongest feature but stuff like the maths bubbles & things were very useful to speed up & hone mental arithmetic, which was great!

My favourite app is accelleread. It doesn't precisely force me to concentrate, but it gives me many chances to do so.

I was a member and had joined for a few years. I was interested to see if it could help, because I've been suffering from cognitive and attention issues for a long time.

When I had access to Medical Marijuana usage (1/4 tsp of oil at bedtime), I noticed a dramatic INCREASE in my ability to complete the games.

Some games are harder than others, so I would often have anxiety before facing them, until I realized I could skip individual challenges.

i struggle greatly with brain training games because of the presentation of my autism [low functioning] and my mild intellectual disability, so i tend to do word searches when i want to stretch my mind, i am very good at them.

New Threads

Top Bottom