• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Loneliness in general and during Christmas time in particular

OuterSpaceBoy

I have written a little text about how I experience loneliness in general and during Christmas time in particular. Check it out if you like:

How does everyone feel during this particularly busy time of year?

I have suffered intense lonliness myself and it was frightening, because there was nothing I could do about it, but because I am a christian, I prayed and begged Jehovah ( God's name in English) and He really has helped me.

As for xmas; I do not celebrate it anyway, and so that is not an issue, but I can really get you if you are suffering even more because of this season; the overall ambience is one of "familes" and when one is alone, can be awful.

Thankfully, the internet does not close down for this season and so, you can contact many on here and hopefully feel a bit less lonely.

It will be only myself and my Mom this christmas, wish you the best.I'll be around the computer all season.

Loneliness is a very quiet and cold I have experience it for most of my life it is horrible. And not so easy to change but I will never give up hope that one day things might change. As Christmas for I feel a bit bad as I always put up decoration and a tree But this I have not I just want this hol thing to be over I used to like Christmas when my boys was younger.

Hopefully, I want to take them to toys r us after the holidays to buy what they want. Ex won't let me give them gifts this christmas because she is controlling that way and says I do not love them because of my lack of emotions I show towards them. Sad thing is, is that my Daughter has aspergers imo but has not been officially diagnosed and I do not have a say in it unless I go to court.

That is sad as she must know it down to you having Asperger and it is hard for you to express your feelings it must really hurt to thing someone you love ones is useing something that you can not control as it is a medical condition against you. There so many dad out who do not care about there kids and never see them. So you would think that any mum would be happy that you want to be apart of your kids life and maybe explain y you have a lack emotions .....I have the same problem I don't kiss my boys or hug them or really show any emotional towards them. My youngest son has a diagnosis of ADHD and autism

I have the whole gamut of diagnoses including ADHD I feel A need to educate myself about autism to help myself, but, more importantly my daughter Celina. I see it in her eyes and her mannerisms that she has Aspergers, along with alot of other things she does. She is falling behind in school. My Babies mother think she is the Dad and Mom, so she says. I'm probably going to go to court soon because I only get to see them every few months for a few hours.

Yes that is true when get a diagnosis that all you get well that what I feel as I got that but no help with it but glad I got it as then it made so much sense to the way I am now I and except myself now so.i always thought I was a freak a weirdo I could not workout what was wrong with me. And my son he on meds for his ADHD but does not get any help with his autism. I was at cams today and ask the what help they can offer him and they said it up to the school to give him the support

Yes maybe you should go to court at least you would get more contact with your girl that way there mum can't try to cut you out of there life

Yes that is true when get a diagnosis that all you get well that what I feel as I got that but no help with it but glad I got it as then it made so much sense to the way I am now I and except myself now so.i always thought I was a freak a weirdo I could not workout what was wrong with me. And my son he on meds for his ADHD but does not get any help with his autism. I was at cams today and ask the what help they can offer him and they said it up to the school to give him the support

Your healthcare must be similar to ours here in Canada, which sucks, atleast for special circumstances. I just can not find anyone that understand autism for adults here.

I normally don't think much of Christmas as I have been alone for the last 5 years. That one was with my ex before she left Canada. I don't spend time with local family due to issues.

I have no local friends at all.

Last year, I was close to being homeless since I had no income.

January this year I got a full time job. This year I will be alone for Christmas again. However, what makes this year better for me I have a stable income making my mind more at ease. Another thing, my best friend sending me something for Christmas that did arrived last week. I'm looking forward to opening it on Christmas day.

Many other people out come of their lives can be different. However, if you have a stable income, or have someone offer you support able to live with no worries, then you have it good despite if your Christmas might be lonely.

Hopefully, I want to take them to toys r us after the holidays to buy what they want. Ex won't let me give them gifts this christmas because she is controlling that way and says I do not love them because of my lack of emotions I show towards them. Sad thing is, is that my Daughter has aspergers imo but has not been officially diagnosed and I do not have a say in it unless I go to court.
she doesnt understand aspergers/autism, males especially struggle with showing emotions then you have ASD on top to make it even more obvious,showing emotion is very hard i cant even do it to my nieces so i understand it can be hard but the thing is you are trying to be a good dad,shes just not letting you.
my dad is a classic aspie and hes never been one to show emotions or 'love',he cant its part of him.
i never liked my dad growing up but i never realised until my twenties that he was on the spectrum himself so we clashed alot,he tries to connect but fails so has a relationship in other ways,he is a great dad in other ways, you dont need to be emotive to be a great parent, and its a pity your ex wife cant see that.

its a great idea to go to toys r us with your kids, funnily enough its what my dad did with me for christmas and im 32 now,he got me a nikko remote controlled car. :D

New Threads

Top Bottom