• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Is my aspie boyfriend losing interest or just busy with work?

Aspie's are subject to being unusually overwhelmed at stressful times and often need extra solitary time to try and put themselves back together and it can also manifest itself in irritability. So some of the things you mentioned could be that.

However there are things not explainable by autisim here as well and its possible he is pulling away from the relationship in some ways.

The things caused by autism will recede in time, so just patience is needed. But if this was going to be a long term relationship I would eventually discuss them and work with him to find better ways of dealing with interpersonal relations during stress.

If it turns out he is in fact withdrawing, then I think it best to just let him go. Its just in the nature of things that relationships end. And don't let him play any back and forth games. 'You want out, fine. There's the door.' The main thing for you is to try and not waste and time and effort on a lost cause, and look to your own regrouping and something new.

I'm NT, but I get overly stressed like right now when Im in school to where I withdraw and don't talk a whole lot to my friends. I have a very short fuse too and the littlest thing sets me off. Normally I'd say he needs some space at least until the end of school, but when you said he was at his ex gf house and then called you to let you know- I would just explode. That's rude and disrespectful. I'd distance myself from him for awhile and focus on my own stuff. Right now, he isn't worth your time.

Maybe he feels like he has to act more around you and he just doesn't have the energy for that right now. I'd give him space and let him come to you when he's ready.

New Threads

Top Bottom