• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Introducing myself

illogical

Hello. Glad there is a site like this. I'm a 31 year old autistic women. I struggle with a lot of sensory input. I have had to learn being social and apply the patterns as more of a strategy to communicate rather than just shut things out. Took a lot to get where I am in my life really. My biggest annoyance is that I don't "look autistic", but hang around me for about 15mins and you'll get it. I'm a married mother and I do work. Anyway just saying hi, guys.

welcome.png

Greetings!

Yes, it seems that autism is suppose to have some sort of visual clue as it's a disability. People can't quite work past that. It's infuriating when they think they get a say in whether someone has a disability or not, somehow that's acceptable behaviour to them. I don't understand people.

giphy (33).gif

Hello and welcome!
Does anyone really look like what they are anyway? The last person who told me "But you don't look autistic" sure didn't look like a judgmental a**hole, and yet, here he was ;)

New Threads

Top Bottom