• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Interesting article

Ronald Zeeman

V.I.P Member
Just read article in discover magazine looks like the NT are finally starting to get us. Stuff that we already knew if only they had listened. Latest special issue latest in science.

Last edited:
I remember years ago stating on this forum that I can read facial expressions and body language which being on the spectrum should not be possible. Now the experts are starting to admit maybe they were wrong, actually not maybe they are just plain wrong should have asked people like me rather than making assumptions. sites like this are informing them. The last thing we need is some intellectuals dictating to us how our minds work. I'm also a closet
extrovert.

Just read article in discover magazine looks like the NT are finally starting to get us. Stuff that we already knew if only they had listened. Latest special issue latest in science.
Can you provide a link, with specific title of the article you read?

Sorry not computer literate enough latest edition of discover magazine special edition January/February 2024. No idea how to get it online.

This?

Is this it? Sorry, I haven't read past the first paragraph yet...

Here's a snippet, it looks like it could be the right one...
Screenshot_20240114-232651~2.png

Interesting. The theory of mind stuff tends to annoy me. I'm not good at getting facial expressions (probably because I tend to look somewhere else), but I'm good at understanding body posture and the overall "message" people send, even if I'm slow and it gets complicated in a group. The issue is that I do not react or mirror like other people do so I know it looks like I don't get it. Even if I understand other people's perspective, I may not react or be indifferent.

New Threads

Top Bottom