• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Info for my psychiatrist

Thank you for coming here. Thank you for being truthful. You understand if you have thoughts of harming others, you must be put under observation. This is a requirement. Please call 911, go in a ambulance , and tell the doctor. You are safe here. We never judge you. We want the best for you.

Thank you for coming here. Thank you for being truthful. You understand if you have thoughts of harming others, you must be put under observation. This is a requirement. Please call 911, go in a ambulance , and tell the doctor. You are safe here. We never judge you. We want the best for you.

Don't worry, I started to talk to my psychiatrist on Skype and have a counselor now. I can get mental support and help online from home.

Alright. I am so relieved. And l am so proud of you. That you recognized that you needed to get help. I wish l had your insight when l needed to ask for help.

Maybe I had Conduct Disorder, but I did not violate the rights of others, I was just very defiant, angry, and impulsive and had severe grandiosity throughout my childhood and early adolescence.

It's not like you asked for the delusions.

Can you think of it the way a person would think about having the flu?

You wouldn't feel guilty and ashamed for that.
It's not necessary to beat yourself up for being delusional, either.

Thanks!

The funniest part is when I started to show symptoms of ODD tendencies at age 12, I started to have a delusion that I would become the president and try to look for evidence to prove, how silly I was.

I also lied to the school principal and lied to everyone that I am good at Calculus, and was in denial that I was learning disabled, delusional denial and psychotic grandiosity.

I have been to the ER and then psych hospital for only a day and I was diagnosed with mental health issue with no useful info, then I was diagnosed with Adjustment Disorder with other symptom and I was assessed for fast for Autism and got diagnosed with Autism Spectrum. My diagnoses of PDD-NOS (Pervasive Developmental Disorder Not Otherwise Specified) changed to Autism Spectrum.

I asked my nurse why I was being released so early as I still was mentally unstable and he explained to me that I behaved too well and that the outpatient treatment program is more appropriate for people like me.

I misidentified people as being the same person in disguise, due to commutation delays as peopleś and even animal´s looked the same.

It was not a delusion per se, but it is still Fregoli Syndrome. I was self-aware itś not normal and I hid it from my family members until I turned 18 years old, as I was embarrassed.

I feel so much guilt for my paranoid thoughts & delusions. How do I forgive myself? I feel so stupid!
Apparently, recognising intrusive thoughts but not taking ownership is a recommended method of coping.

I use the analogy of listening to the next-door neighbour's radio.
Yes, you can hear it, but you don't take ownership of what is being said.

If someone on "the radio" is engaging in anti-social/delusionary commentary, that doesn't mean you have to take responsibility for what "they" say.
If people embrace this approach, where is the need to feel personal guilt?
The important thing is, not to act on the nonsense.

N.B.:
The phenomenon of intrusive thoughts is widespread based on surveys conducted.

Signs of the Fregoli Delusion​

A person experiencing the Fregoli delusion will often believe that a certain person is following them and impersonating other people.1

Langdon R, Connaughton E, Coltheart M. The Fregoli delusion: a disorder of person identification and tracking. Top Cogn Sci. 2014;6(4):615-631. doi:10.1111/tops.12108
This person is usually someone they don't know, and the delusion can be quite distressing. The person may also have feelings of paranoia and anxiety.

Below are specific symptoms of the Fregoli delusion:

• Feeling that someone is pretending to be someone else in order to harm you
  • Feeling that someone is following you
  • Feeling paranoia and anxiety
  • Feeling that different people are actually the same person

Treatment for the Fregoli Delusion​

There is no known cure for the Fregoli delusion. However, treatment may help lessen symptoms and improve quality of life. Treatment options include medication, therapy, and support groups:
  • Medication: Medication can help lessen symptoms of the Fregoli delusion, such as paranoia and anxiety. Antipsychotic medications such as aripiprazole and olanzapine are often used to treat delusions.
  • Therapy: Therapy can help a person manage their condition and cope with the stress of the Fregoli delusion. Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) is one type of therapy that may be helpful. In this type of therapy, the person works with a therapist to challenge their false beliefs.
  • Support groups: Support groups can provide a space for people with the Fregoli delusion to share their experiences and connect with others who understand what they're going through. Through this support, people may feel less alone and more hopeful.
Same source.

This is the first I heard about Fregoli Delusion.

Although I had symptoms of Unspecified Personality Disorder symptoms with paranoid fantasies prior to Bipolar 1 Disorder, and although I have Autism Spectrum and it's a neurodevelopmental disorder, I would still get death penalty if I acted on my paranoid fantasies as it's plans of class A felonies, and also because I am not intellectually disabled.

You are opening up and letting out how you felt. Sometimes in my past, l had such difficulty accepting my denial that things were extremely hard, (l was stalked for 4 years by a unknown male). It took a very long time for me to talk about all of that. So in a way, we are similar, we both have that bully component. But it was for me, denial, sadness, yes, some anger. But never do l want to hurt people because that truly won't help. All l can do is support those around me who are bullied. Because l truly know the trauma that you and others suffered thru.

My social worker said that I don't have to worry too much about getting the death penalty if acted on homicidal delusions and command hallucinations as the Supreme Court will outlaw the death penalty in the state of California where I live.

Last edited:
But l believe if you are triggered by way of those thoughts, you will remember your parents, your therapists, doctors, us here at forum, and helpful police, guiding you to seek help immediately, because prison is a horrible place, and you wouldn't have the choices you have now, like a family who loves you. :)

Why are my symptoms of Unspecified Personality Disorder with paranoid pathology not enough for a legal insanity defense, as I also developed bipolar 1 disorder and became severely psychotic at age 15?

Maybe you need to train your brain to think, no matter how angry l get, it is wrong to hurt anybody. If l start to think that, l need to stop those thoughts invading my brain, and think about something good to do today. Give my mom and dad a hug. Clean up my room. Ask my mother if l can help with something. Lift some weights, or do some exercise to make me feel better. Put on my favorite song. Take pictures of something l like.

I agree! I have a very high bad habit and some cognitive distortion and sometimes make delusional excuses as to why I need to commit second-degree murder on my former bullies, sometimes I have psychopathy psychosis, such as the devil telling me to commit crimes - command hallucinations. The good news is that I started taking a new antipsychotic and hallucinations don't bother me anymore.

I need to learn to stop being stupid and delusional and learn the harsh reality and the consequences of my actions.

New Threads

Top Bottom