• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

If my ARFID is immoral when it comes to veganism, then I don’t want to be pure and moral (rant)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also struggle with food too much to further restrict my diet. I have a really unfortunate combo of issues when it comes to vegan foods, such as strong allergy to nuts, issues with legumes.
Aha and allergy to gluten... I can't eat even a tiny bit of seitan.

The perfect is the enemy of the good. That is my motto. As I vegan, I don't seek perfection or sainthood.

There are intolerant vegans, carnivores, and everyone inbetween. I have received more criticism in my life for being vegan than I have ever given to someone who chooses to eat meat.

It is sad how divisive diet is. In many ways, it causes more stress to discuss than is worth it in my opinion. Kindness and understanding to all!
In my personal opinion, it would be better to not eat meat at least. Who wouldn't want to do that if it's better? But the problem begins in that people are omnivores, so lots of people have problems with the exclusion of meat from their diet, even more so other animal products: dairy and eggs. On the flip side - keto diet also has its significant problems. But there are some people who are better suited to these diets and it works for them. It's hard to say something universal about diet and certainly it's easy to have critical health problems from the wrong diet.

The conflict begins is when people stop to see the other point of view and assume the other side is plain stupid and got something wrong instead of having a real motivation.

In my personal opinion, it would be better to not eat meat at least. Who wouldn't want to do that if it's better? But the problem begins in that people are omnivores, so lots of people have problems with the exclusion of meat from their diet, even more so other animal products: dairy and eggs. On the flip side - keto diet also has its significant problems. But there are some people who are better suited to these diets and it works for them. It's hard to say something universal about diet and certainly it's easy to have critical health problems from the wrong diet.

The conflict begins is when people stop to see the other point of view and assume the other side is plain stupid and got something wrong instead of having a real motivation.
Personally I believe no diet is better than the other, as it has no morals whatsoever. It also comes to personal preferences, so in fact such beliefs are all opinionated. A diet is a choice, ARFID however is not.

I don’t eat meat because I have a hereditary cancer gene called Lynch it is passed down mainly in males in my family . The gene is activated by eating meat.
Just as AFRID is real for you “ Lynch Cancer is real for me , and not my choice .

My grandfather loved meat he had the gene and it was active like mine
Seeing him have cancer multiple times was horrible. His doctor recommended we all get tested and reduce eating meat .

Sorry will be no convincing me about eating meat
At least with my set of genetic factors .

I used to eat meat quite often. I also have hunted it myself .
It is my opinion if one loves meat so much they should experience hunting and killing an animal.
It’s hard for me to take the perspective of carnivore's who buy packaged meat in a store and claim superiority while eating it in their armchair .

If eating meat makes you feel good do it .
If eating vegetarian or vegan makes you feel good do it .

I don’t eat meat because I have a hereditary cancer gene called Lynch it that is passed down mainly in males in my family . The gene is activated by eating meat.
Just as AFRID is real for you “ Lynch Cancer is real for me .

My grandfather loved meat he had the gene and it was active like mine
Seeing him have cancer multiple times was horrible. His doctor recommended we all get tested and reduce eating meat .

Sorry will be no convincing me about eating meat
At least with my set of genetic factors .

I used to eat meat quite often. I also have hunted it myself .
It is my opinion if one loves meat so much they should experience hunting and killing an animal.
It’s hard for me to take the perspective of carnivore's who buy packaged meat in a store and claim superiority while eating it in their armchair .

If eating meat makes you feel good do it .
If eating vegetarian or vegan makes you feel good do it .
I’m sorry you and your family have to go through that. I’ve seen plenty of animals get killed all the time and I can handle it. I’ve also seen plants getting killed as well. I tend to have a strong stomach towards death and blood and gore, so there’s that.

You’re not going to convince me to eat plants either, as I told you ARFID is not a choice. I just do not understand why vegans have to act all preachy shoving so-called ethics down our throats when there literally is no moral in regards to eating. Eating is a necessity, no matter what you put in your mouth, as long as it’s edible. I literally find it annoying how they can just keep chastising us over our food choices while they can just lay around in their sofas and make cringey memes on social media. And btw no, we carnivores are not being prideful, we’re just telling it like it is.

You DEFINITELY need to go visit a lumber factory (and even a vegetable factory) and watch for yourself how trees and other plants are being cut and killed. You’ll thank me later. :)

Would it not be more useful to focus on treatment options for the
eating disorder, rather than construct arguments regarding
the morality of food choices?

Maybe we should just be happy we have the luxury to chose what we want to eat. One thing I have learned is that when people have no food they will eat pretty much anything. So being able to be picky about food is a luxury. About the meat, the world has changed a lot, years ago I ended up in the doctors office a few times because I had iron deficiency anemia. And he just told me to eat more meat. Meat and goat cheese. I wonder if doctors would do that now? "You feel weak and tired all the time you say? Eat two steaks and call me in the morning".

Last edited:
years ago I ended up in the doctors office a few times because I had iron-deficiency anemia.
I want to amend my previous statement where I said "no adult should ever tell another adult what to eat" and recognize that it definitely seems okay for doctors to do this.

Would it not be more useful to focus on treatment options for the
eating disorder, rather than construct arguments regarding
the morality of food choices?

Thank you, but that’s beside the point. It’s more about being open minded on people with ARFID. We’re not looking for a solution here, we just want to get thing off our chest, ok?

Aka we don’t want to be able bodied, we want to be ourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom