• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I suck!

Sherlock77

V.I.P Member
Or to be clear, I was really, really, really hoping to go to a photography exhibit reception tonight

This particular one is always an active one with lots of energy, and a packed room, and with great photography on the walls, and the show itself only lasts one weekend... This reception is always a highlight of the year for our annual photography festival every February

Anyway, I seem to have come up with a bug and just didn't wanted to wade into a crowd, I'm not "that" sick but just enough at the same time

And I hate it! I don't like missing big things and the big event, I suppose there is always next year but I'm currently feeling slightly depressed and listless at home tonight (nothing clinical)

Sounds to me more like you soar! You are choosing the wellbeing of potentially many people over your own wish to attend the function. My suck-o-meter shows a solid zero.

Meantime... A friend of mine communicated with me that she didn't go, as she is having a bad bout of depression right now... Reality :cool:

It happens. Both me and wife were sick with nasty bug Christmas and New Years. And that is only time my son manages a visit (military) as well as daughter being there. I was bummed for a while, but it passes.

New Threads

Top Bottom