• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How to do things

It is funny how that works. Most of my passwords are the same. But to get into one plant, I have to punch in a code that they assigned to me. Just thinking about it, it is hard to remember. When I am at the keypad I can punch it right in. Must be muscle memory.

LOL..."muscle memory". Reminds me of when I have to stop and think about whether or not I engaged my auto burglar alarm.

I always do...but do it so automatically that if I think about it I get uneasy and have to check. But I suspect that's more related to my OCD. Yeah...something I do so often and so automatically...it can be hard to remember at times if I think about it. The mind is a strange thing.

Here (thank you) I try to put the help all together. :) It is just misplaced not lost, it may come back in a dream, may come back while playing a movie of it in my head, it will reveal itself if I skip the last memory of when I could not put it to use but examine minutely the previous memory of when I used it successfully, and with concerted effort I can remember the passwords. I did find the last 2 digits, so far so good. :rolleyes:

If anyone has a helpful tip on retrieving a lost memory, in this a muscle memory of a password for a computer (ipad), please post it. It is not written down anywhere, it was not made of familiar words, and there is no question written down to prompt memory of it. If I have to I will wipe the memory of the ipad, but it'd be nicer to simply get the muscles in my fingers to remember their pattern for the password.

Most any tec shop (computer repair) can break a pass word...

Agreed with piney13 ... The very first assignment in my digital forensics class was to 'crack' a computer-- figure out the password and log in without being an actual user.

I just remembered it, after repeatedly scanning my memory for patterns of letters and numbers and how they related to one another and other passwords. :cool::):sunflower:
- thanks again for the help.

Last edited:
I hope, in the not too distant future, to build my own desktop PC. I've already done some research into this, it's just a question of getting the funds... and then the confidence :)

Next question.
In an 8" high crawl space (obviously not crawl-able) under this 100 year old house, old pipes need replacing with PEX. It - the cold and hot water - needs to go from a tiny underground utility room - which I can almost stand upright in - to the kitchen which is in a former screen porch and the bathroom and laundry rooms pretty much directly over the utility room.
In fact the only way down to the utilities is through a trap door that weighs a lot and down a ladder sort of step arrangement. (!) The house was built on some concrete and some rocks, so it has settled significantly over the century. The question is how to run the PEX from the hot water heater In that utility room, about 17 feet and up to the dishwasher/kitchen sink, as well as the laundry machines and bathroom sink and shower. There is no way any person can fit in the crawl space. The home inspector wouldn't even try, and he is used to these old houses here.

That is ideal, and not expensive. Thanks. I am consolidating the passwords, switching most of them to the same old one I've used for a long time and have well memorized.
That would be convenient , the idea of pass words is to keep stuff from being messed with, reusing passwords may not be a good idea.
I researched the electronic pass word keeper on several sites , basically this works if you have a few to remember, it is difficult to use, the keyboard is small and works very much like a label maker does with multiple steps to get capitals, etc.

I'm aware that writing a password down is not the most ideal, I use a *map makers mark to foil those who would gains access to this information. (I wonder if I will forget this too)....I use one of three letters that I would NEVER use randomly in the password that, so far I have remembered....this are my initials.

I am purchasing this for home use
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0615164706/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3DUKSKXKY3W75
I an going to use this for away from home, (wallet) for the common ones..mail, amazon, fb, etc to use for the phone
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005Z8L7CC/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A21OVNCEXW5SJF

* A map makers mark is something added to a map (an anomaly, street, stream, etc) that is not real and only the maker knows this to foil someone who would copy their map to sell as their own.

Last edited:
The question is how to run the PEX from the hot water heater In that utility room, about 17 feet and up to the dishwasher/kitchen sink, as well as the laundry machines and bathroom sink and shower. There is no way any person can fit in the crawl space. The home inspector wouldn't even try, and he is used to these old houses here.

PEX is flexible, It can be "fished" similar to electrical wiring....There are so many solutions to such a challenge, depends on who is doing the work, if they have the ability to approach this with unconventional thinking and if they like their work..

Last edited:
piney13 unfortunately it will likely be me doing the work with repeated trips to the local hardware store. No workers want to do this sort of a job because it is a pain in the you know what & doesn't pay much. I'll ask at the hardware store what to buy to enable me to fish the PEX line through to the sinks and the tub/shower. Having more space down under the house would help a lot - the house sits on gravelly rock and dirt. But I would not want to de-stabilize the rocks as the beams down there sit haphazardly and directly on them. (Only a part of the house has concrete footings.)

piney13 unfortunately it will likely be me doing the work with repeated trips to the local hardware store. No workers want to do this sort of a job because it is a pain in the you know what & doesn't pay much. I'll ask at the hardware store what to buy to enable me to fish the PEX line through to the sinks and the tub/shower. Having more space down under the house would help a lot - the house sits on gravelly rock and dirt. But I would not want to de-stabilize the rocks as the beams down there sit haphazardly and directly on them. (Only a part of the house has concrete footings.)

Do you feel you have the ability to do this job? Pretty simple stuff really. No need for repeated trips to a hardware store if you work through everything ahead of time. Do you have a home improvement store nearby? A good hardware store can't be beat, but there isn't one in my area that can match a home improvement store for PEX supplies. I can step you through what you need, but it would work better through a conversation, and it would be best to see some pictures of existing fixtures, etc., to tell you how I would make each connection, and why.

Working with PEX is challenging for those with experience.

PEX is not a product designed with home owners in mind, folks often overlook the space needed to use the tools to make the connections

There are videos and articles that will aid you , each application will be different

The tools for the job require considerable experience to use The connections need to be perfect.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003IJ0USC...TF8&colid=3TNEX9AAQ8T6K&coliid=I3V3160L300KK5

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000BO7G8O...TF8&colid=3TNEX9AAQ8T6K&coliid=I37BD6W7ICDAEE

I find PEX to be a low cost alternative, cheap in quality. I avoid using this product as much as possible

No need for repeated trips to a hardware store if you work through everything ahead of time.

This statement is fantasy....

As a professional, I maintain a 16 foot long box truck filled with tools and supplies weighing 5 tons, I have 40 years experience, One trip wonders as they are known are seldom.

firt day on the job.jpg
tools 1.jpg tools 1.jpg tools 2.jpg tools 3.jpg

Last edited:

PEX is not a product designed with home owners in mind, folks often overlook the space needed to use the tools to make the connections

There are videos and articles that will aid you , each application will be different

The tools for the job require considerable experience to use The connections need to be perfect.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003IJ0USC...TF8&colid=3TNEX9AAQ8T6K&coliid=I3V3160L300KK5

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000BO7G8O...TF8&colid=3TNEX9AAQ8T6K&coliid=I37BD6W7ICDAEE

I find PEX to be a low cost alternative, cheap in quality. I avoid using this product as much as possible

Sorry to disagree with you, but there isn't anything simpler to work with than PEX. I'm sure you are aware of quick connectors. A typical home owner doesn't need any crimp tools when using them, and this job doesn't require that many.
I won't debate the merits of copper over PEX. A cheap alternative, yes. Cheap in quality, no. This isn't Polybutylene.
I on the other hand use this product as much as possible.

Sorry to disagree with you, but there isn't anything simpler to work with than PEX. I'm sure you are aware of quick connectors. A typical home owner doesn't need any crimp tools when using them, and this job doesn't require that many.
I won't debate the merits of copper over PEX. A cheap alternative, yes. Cheap in quality, no. This isn't Polybutylene.
I on the other hand use this product as much as possible.

The quick connects are VERY expensive...several dollars compared to the fittings the manufactures mandates.
The PEX is very thinned walled and as such I have seen the grippy things on the push connects pierce the PEX and leak.. around the fitting. This is why the manufacturer mandates the band be used, codes require the band be used, and codes are minimum standards

I have some of these problems in another domain entirely, and I have to agree. While something professional can be made to look accessible, all tools have philosophies built into them, knowledge that comes of understanding concepts, fundamentals. What they don't have is the self-knowledge of the users themselves. What kinds of problems those users solve well. What kinds of problems those users are better off paying someone else to do.

Cheap solutions work as prototypes or mockups; I don't despise lower-quality tools, especially when I am mastering a new domain, but there's always a point where I realize that my inability to complete something is not about my competency. I don't blame my tool, but I also don't fail to notice its limits.

New Threads

Top Bottom