• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How does my cousin do it?

Some people enjoy low level, casual hang outs and those are not fun to me. Some people will be positive and compliment others even if they don't really think so otherwise. Some people are just naturally inclined to like what others like or try to be reasonably open to others' differences. I don't mesh well with other people. Just try to have a good balance of trying new things but having your personal boundaries respected too.

What works for others might not work for you.

@AuroraBorealis 's post is spot-on. Maybe an analogy will help.

There's the mass-appeal movies - superhero sequels and the like - which are a good way to burn a couple of hours, can be re-watched, but are forgettable.

There's the "memorable" movies, like Interstellar or Memento, which most people will watch only once but sticks with them.

There's the cult classics, like Donnie Darko, which have a limited fanbase but these fans will be fiercely loyal and watch the movies over and over.

Making a good movie doesn't start with "be less bad and people will like it more," it starts with thinking about what kind of movie you want to make.

Just bumping to say I love this analogy so much. It's really clarified similar matters for me, and provoking some introspection. Thank you.

New Threads

Top Bottom