• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How Aspies find comfort

Being in Nature - Because it is pretty, smells nice and I feel I belong there. Also many of my special interests have been nature related.
I agree. I connected with nature more when I got my driving licence a few years ago and able to explore a lot of beautiful places. I like water and the mountain scenery the most.

Great another Lego fan. What type of Lego sets interest you?
I like car Lego, I have the VW Beetle and Microbus. Mini Cooper, Back to the Future DeLorean and other car related Lego sets. I just got the Scooby-Doo Mystery Machine, haven't put it together yet.

I like car Lego, I have the VW Beetle and Microbus. Mini Cooper, Back to the Future DeLorean and other car related Lego sets. I just got the Scooby-Doo Mystery Machine, haven't put it together yet.
I used to keep three DeLoreans running. Pesky lil buggers with their Peugeot V-6 engines and their personal flavor of Bosch CIS fuel injection. There are still many parts available for them from leftover factory stock. John screwed up and went for sportscar in that run which would have more been a viable option had he gone four door saloon as the market pushed further into performance in a sedan base such as Mercedes and BMW to just name a scant few that became highly popular in a more upscale way. The actual DeLorean was a great concept,but a horrible fiasco for collision repair that only offered the option of full body panel replacement instead of fillers,primer and paint involved in steel cars. We should go back to the future and create a paradox that steered John away from his design and found him a safer coke dealer if that was still his choice of financial support :D

How do you find comfort during challenging times? In sharing what works for us, perhaps we can find commonalities, or remember some old favorites that have really helped us feel better along the way.

For me, comfort comes from:

My dog & cat-- spending time with them helps ease anxiety and lifts my mood.
Spending time in nature-- Seeing pine trees, the outdoor scents of fresh air, grass, trees, and fertile earth, hearing birds, feeling weather, all help me de-stress and re-connect.
Tea-- A hot cuppa, even just holding my warm mug in my hands, feels so comforting.
Hot showers-- soothing and makes me feel optimistic inside.
Exercise-- This seems to work mostly after I do it, brings my mood up, invigorates, and clears away some brain-fog.
Crunchy raw carrots-- it's a sensory thing, very calming to nom.
Stimming-- I'm often not aware I'm doing it when I'm home alone, but this is naturally optimal for self-regulating, soothing.

What works for you?

I find prayer helps me de-stress. It helps knowing there is someone who loves me and will always be there.

I also like time alone to think it out.

Your mention of pets is good. They say pets can lower blood pressure.

I also listen to music to calm me down. Usually jazz or classical.

I find prayer helps me de-stress. It helps knowing there is someone who loves me and will always be there.

I also like time alone to think it out.

Your mention of pets is good. They say pets can lower blood pressure.

I also listen to music to calm me down. Usually jazz or classical.
During the early part of my brain damage recovery,I listened to classical piano music as a way of soothing myself. To this day,music plays around the clock around my homestead. Music is good stuff :)

New Threads

Top Bottom