• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hours and hours

Iberata

Can pass like water, without me realizing at all. At times my obsessions
change, those are the times I spent the most days and sometimes night super focused
and exhilarated. But in case of my collections, I never get satisfied, the pleasure lasts
until the next find.
How to be aware of time and not spending all my free time with my interests?
My interests are about color, colored glass objects,
and I take care to showcase my finds/acquisitions so to be able to enjoy
their view each day.
I am obsessed with specially treated paper, handmade or not, and I also
categorize them by color group.
I love plants so there's another area of seeking knowledge, as I have so many
in the house and garden.

How to be aware of time and not spending all my free time with my interests?
Can you set limits and actual alarms to remind you of timely responsibilities?

Also, routines and patterns in your day could help you to spend your time appropriately. For example, darkness equals resting time… no special interests allowed. Or twilight equals productive time… Doing chores, taking care of hygiene, and maintaining your living environment.

Sometimes I have to have rules for myself.

I only found I was autistic earlier this year. I immediately started researching everything I could about it. That became my latest obsession. Now that I have read all the theoretical stuff, I have begun hanging out on forums. The obsession has morphed, but still going. I have found I can spend way too much time doing so.
I have an Echo Dot near my computer. I tell Alexa to set a timer to limit my time. It's annoying, but it works.

Thank you both for your comments!
Useful advice @Rodafina, I should definitely try to set myself
time limits, but it's difficult. Well, one has got to start somewhere...
Hello @Jumpinbare , nice to meet you and what a great thing
to have finally understood your diagnosis by research!

I wouldn't go so far as to say I understand it all. But I have a LOT of information to swim through.

I paint on paper, as well as on canvas, mostly in acrylic and oil,
but I do love to get my hands onto new art supplies, so anything goes
really.

I can relate, it can help - as suggested - to use a timer system

Or something, anything, to give you a sense of time as you are doing it

New Threads

Top Bottom