• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi. New here.

ais89ggs

I hope you don't mind a parent joining the forum. My daughter is on the spectrum and on this site. Sometimes I feel like I'm at the end of my rope trying to help her. She seems to be at the end of her own rope with so many issues. She cries and asks me why she doesn't have any friends and that tears me apart. :( She does have some anger issues and we're trying to work on that with therapy.

No, all are welcome here.

That sucks that she's going through that stage in her life. There's a lot of people on here that can relate to those school years. I presume the anger is borne out of frustration of not having any friends?

giphy (38).gif

My mam(mom) was the same she started going to a church and said why dont you try it
i did but i understand being a follower of Yeshua(Jesus) is about trust i DONT easily
still wasnt perfect but its helped me
i realised with being angry i was going to end up being assaulted ,now Im at the keeping very quiet averting my gaze hope she can avoid what i did walk away from people

Still means i don't understand body language thats autism -
i had friends but its shattering when you don't understand just keep trying after 18 you're not tied to one place and its a break

It's nice to have the opportunity to help a concerned parent, also to have the opportunity to be helped by an NT (neurotypical, not on the spectrum).

For me, it's helpful to hear from others with autism because when our 'symptoms' are similar we can share the tools we have in our bags and use them in similar ways. It's also helpful to hear from NT's because our 'symptoms' are really just ways in which we're different from you... and we don't always know what they are. Open, honest discussion between the two groups helps us learn about ourselves and how to get along in this strange world.

Welcome, and thank you for being here.

hi ais89ggs,welcome to AC!
AC is a very supportive site to everyone so you will always be welcome here.

is there any ASD support groups in the local area that your daughter could attend?
i go to a support group run by mencap [as i have comorbid mild intelectual disability] and have many friends there although the group is for LGBT,only one person judges me there because i am LFA and he doesnt understand that nor being transgender but i have made complaints about him.

im also a special olympics athlete and have made many friends while attending training-no one judges you there.

depending on where you live there are various independant and NAS supported groups for people on the spectrum,itd be handy for her to go to one to make her realise she isnt alone and she would eventually get some friends out of it to as people there wont judge her.

Howdy, and welcome to AC! :) this is a good group here. I hope you enjoy reading and sharing!

hi ais89ggs,welcome to AC!
AC is a very supportive site to everyone so you will always be welcome here.

is there any ASD support groups in the local area that your daughter could attend?
i go to a support group run by mencap [as i have comorbid mild intelectual disability] and have many friends there although the group is for LGBT,only one person judges me there because i am LFA and he doesnt understand that nor being transgender but i have made complaints about him.

im also a special olympics athlete and have made many friends while attending training-no one judges you there.

depending on where you live there are various independant and NAS supported groups for people on the spectrum,itd be handy for her to go to one to make her realise she isnt alone and she would eventually get some friends out of it to as people there wont judge her.

There aren't many support groups in our general area. There is one place that young women can join to speak with each other about anything and everything. Unfortunately the price is outrageous and they're looking to get her a 'scholarship.' We live in North Carolina and the closest major cities (Raleigh and Charlotte) are about two hours away from us.

We're still trying to find support groups for her and I am so thankful that she found this forum because she's able to 'talk' with others who are going through the same thing.

I hope you don't mind a parent joining the forum. My daughter is on the spectrum and on this site. Sometimes I feel like I'm at the end of my rope trying to help her. She seems to be at the end of her own rope with so many issues. She cries and asks me why she doesn't have any friends and that tears me apart. :( She does have some anger issues and we're trying to work on that with therapy.

oh dear.. =( that - truely - tears me apart as well. I'm so sorry for your daughter; I feel every bit of this experience as it has been my own. although I do not know her age [it does not matter, really, for the following]; please, do tell her from me that she is a wonderful person; that I wish to her very much to always love herself, to believe in herself, and that I [max-henning] believe in her that she will find friends - I am sure of that; that, sometimes, we feel like others do not like us and so, maybe, we do not like them in return - and that his may seem like we [the good] versus the world [the bad [and ugly!], but that this is not due our seemingly incompatible nature or due to our being-different or wrong, but that this is, many times, a problem that we simply do not understand each other the way we want to be need to be understood. it is just that we speak two different tongues - like a chinese and an italian - thus we do not yet understand each other. the good thing, though, is that we can always learn each others tongues.

New Threads

Top Bottom