• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi, I'm new here.

Cassielynn1

My name is Cassie and I am almost positive I have high-functioning autism. Kind of a lonely feeling and pretty scared in life right now. Looking for help from someone who understands.

welcome.png

Hello!

Yeah, what is troubling you? It's not the existential dread of being an adult is it? Because I feel like that a lot. Probably pathologically like that.

giphy.gif

Me too. The more you learn about it the less scary it is. If you can't find feedback on the forums, post your own and the good folks will respond. It's a friendly vibe here and helpful.

Hey, welcome! Please do let us know what's troubling you, if you feel comfortable, and hopefully we can help :) I've found everyone here to be super supportive and friendly!

Hello! Welcome to the site! What's scaring you?

I have lost my job again a month ago, am living with my aunt and uncle at the moment & all they can do is look at the negative in me & not understand why I feel failing in life or why I do the things I do. It's just been so overwhelming & inexplainable to everyone that I'm surrounded by. I'm on another planet and the more I think about the outcome of my life & looking back on the past 25 years I've become really afraid as an adult to overcome adversity. Researching the symptoms &/or characteristics of a woman with high-functioning autism... I pretty much match up with all of them.

Hello!

Yeah, what is troubling you? It's not the existential dread of being an adult is it? Because I feel like that a lot. Probably pathologically like that.

View attachment 33584

I chuckled a little bit at that although it's really not funny & pretty scary but that's exactly how I feel right now. I'm in disbelief & denial that this is real life. My entire life. How old are you? What other challenges do you face?

Me too. The more you learn about it the less scary it is. If you can't find feedback on the forums, post your own and the good folks will respond. It's a friendly vibe here and helpful.

Wow, thanks for the comforting & wonderful feedback. Suddenly I don't feel so alone in this. What have you learned about yourself through all this that helps you cope? Well besides acquiring more knowledge on the diagnosis/condition itself?

I have lost my job again a month ago, am living with my aunt and uncle at the moment & all they can do is look at the negative in me & not understand why I feel failing in life or why I do the things I do. It's just been so overwhelming & inexplainable to everyone that I'm surrounded by. I'm on another planet and the more I think about the outcome of my life & looking back on the past 25 years I've become really afraid as an adult to overcome adversity. Researching the symptoms &/or characteristics of a woman with high-functioning autism... I pretty much match up with all of them.

I'm sorry you lost your job.

I chuckled a little bit at that although it's really not funny & pretty scary but that's exactly how I feel right now. I'm in disbelief & denial that this is real life. My entire life. How old are you? What other challenges do you face?

Urgh, kind of the same as you. I'm 26. I'm not working now because I'm too ill at the moment. But yeah, I don't know what to do career wise or basically how to go about doing that. Everyone seems to have gotten this map on how to do it and I'm left here with diddily squat. It's taken me a very long time to get around to learn how to drive a car, I've spent 8 years on my motorbike with a provisional license but I'm S%*$ scared at every turn in my life, I'm got my theory test on the 25th of May, I hope I'm going to be able to pass this. I should do.

Hi Cassie, welcome to AC. You came to the right place to explore the possibilities of being on the spectrum of autism. Lots to read about, and compare to. Most of all to interact with us and you just discover you are not alone in who and what you may be. That you may be different, but not necessarily deficient.

Hi.

I hate introductions for some reason.

Just jump in here, drop your barriers and enjoy a new way of looking at life.

It's not your fault, it's just that they expect you to fit into a badly designed, ill conceived world and to immerse yourself in gormless, inane pass times until you die, wondering why you bothered.

Well done for not fitting in, and welcome to outside the asylum.

New Threads

Top Bottom