• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi from a second generation Aspie.

Flugt

Hiya, I've joined to help me work out to what extent I've got Aspergers. My late father was the classic Professor type with an incredible memory for historical and linguistic facts, played several instruments and had an obsession about becoming a famous author. At the same time socially challenged as he would dominate a conversation rather than take turns. Small talk was meaningless to him even sometimes to the extent of seeing the interaction of greeting people as superfluous. I'm very shy and easily overwhelmed by stimuli in my environment. I haven't got the memory talent and my talent for drawing is not strong enough to rise against my self doubt and weak sense of self, so I'm not sure whether I would still be in the same category. I hope to learn more about how many of my problems with social interaction stem from my genetics. I already recognise myself in many of the forum head lines and feel some relief in seeing that others have also felt this type of disconnect with other people. Thanks for letting me join.

54bc62a538a12948fbddf12b1578c379.png
:)

Not everyone has a special interest:) I don't, for one. There's a big spectrum for Autism and Aspergers;)

Hello!

Your father sounded like a very interesting and brilliant person. I'm sure the apple didn't fall too far from the tree. Welcome to the forums.

giphy (42).gif

New Threads

Top Bottom