• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi everyone!!

Markapol

Hi everyone!

New to the site. Pleased to meet you all!

My interests:

Manga (Mainly Naruto & One Piece), Football/Soccer (I have a bucketlist of all stadiums I want to visit), Writing, Animation (Also studying it), Drawing, Games

Place I would like to visit some day: Tokyo

I'm looking forward to hear/read about your stories, experiences, interests!

Hi everyone!

New to the site. Pleased to meet you all!

My interests:

Manga (Mainly Naruto & One Piece), Football/Soccer (I have a bucketlist of all stadiums I want to visit), Writing, Animation (Also studying it), Drawing, Games

Place I would like to visit some day: Tokyo

I'm looking forward to hear/read about your stories, experiences, interests!
Welcome to the forum!

welcome to af.png

Welcome @Markapol . I enjoy some Manga and Purchased The Shape of Voice after seeing the animated version A Silent Voice. For me, a very cathartic movie. It is nice to see the cel animation. It has a whole different feel from CGI. And, some of Shinkai's photorealism is stunning, especially Your Name. I was angry that it was not even considered for a Oscar! :-(

Welcome- sometimes you can teach English in Japan and get paid or a airplane ticket and lodging. I went to Europe right after HS. So much fun.

Last edited:
Welcome!

My advice would be: don't ever think "someday" for someday has a tendency to never appear. Seek! DO! Don't yearn for something, go after it. Life is too short and passes far to quickly for someday. Plan, act, and guide your life in whatever direction you wish to explore while you can.

If that sounds like regret on my part, there is more than a little of it underlying my words. I am just a bit old, after all.;)

All the best.

Hi and welcome, I hope that you enjoy it here. Your interests sound great, I hope that you will join in discussions, and say more about your ideas views and interests.

:airplane::sailboat::helicopter::rowboat::rocket::surfer::minibus::runner::bus::snowboarder:

Greeting from GG.
My first meeting with anime was 33 years ago (I think) watching parts of 'my neighbour Totoro' on a strange two colour large scale led display at a technical fair. I was hooked.
Later in life I came across AKIRA on a VHS cassette. Wow! Later internet came lol.

I agree with Mr Wilgus that A Silent Voice (Koe no Katachi) was cathartic, also my cheeks went wet all the time.
Kotonoha no Niwa (The Garden of Words) is also worth a look, the artistry is just breath-taking. And wett cheeks at the end lol

As for anime done from manga I have mixed feelings but can recommend the Bleach movies, for example 'Memories of Nobody'

Welcome @Markapol . I enjoy some Manga and Purchased The Shape of Voice after seeing the animated version A Silent Voice. For me, a very cathartic movie. It is nice to see the cel animation. It has a whole different feel from CGI. And, some of Shinkai's photorealism is stunning, especially Your Name. I was angry that it was not even considered for a Oscar! :-(

Coincidentally, I just finished reading A Silent Voice a little over a month ago. It was amazing, I was blown away by it, I've seen snippets of the movie, it looks gorgeous and I totally agree on the Oscars part. Your Name deserved the Oscar for the visuals alone!

New Threads

Top Bottom