• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hey people

neurotic_taco

So im new here i wanted to check this out because to put it bluntly i dont have a lot of friends and i figured i should try in a place where i have things in common with everyone. I'm 17 years old, have not been officially diagnosed but even my parents tell me that i most likely have aspergers (ive been kowing this since i was like 14 but whatever) but yeah hopefully i like this place.

images

Advice from a 51 year old aspie who though I have a spotty work history, has made some money and, except for a couple of slow periods, has pulled my own weight:

Focus on finding a way to work steadily. Turn your interests into a career, fill a need, something. Work gives us independence, and purpose. It enables us to attact mates and to balance all that society does not like about us, earns their respect. It gives us a reason to get up and going when we are depressed. For us, as for anyone, work is life, survival and self-determination. Find a way to get to work.

So im new here i wanted to check this out because to put it bluntly i dont have a lot of friends and i figured i should try in a place where i have things in common with everyone. I'm 17 years old, have not been officially diagnosed but even my parents tell me that i most likely have aspergers (ive been kowing this since i was like 14 but whatever) but yeah hopefully i like this place.
hi neurotic_taco, welcome to AC!
self diagnosed autists are welcome here just as much as diagnosed, self diagnosed autists tend to be correct with their diagnosis anyway as autistic people can get very deeply focused with studying their life and applying the ASD symptoms to it in a neutral logical way,without bias.

New Threads

Top Bottom