• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hey I`m autistic just recently found out.

ArtistJenJen

I have had alot of recent stress over the last few years I have become more and more distant to people. I finally started to look for help. I went from being OCD toADD\ADHD, bipolar, and now autistic. What I once thought was just quirks of being a artist is actually autism. It's alot to deal with.

Welcome to AC :)

You may find it both helpful and friendly to be here.

Bring on your art,it is very welcome here ;)

Welcome artist friend,
I went from being a quirky dad and husband, to being an almost divorced lonely weird guy with Autism. Now I see things quite differently, and am happy. I hope you find peace in your new discovery. Delight in your gift as you are among friends here.

Welcome to AC :)
0708142151.jpg

You may find it both helpful and friendly to be here.

Bring on your art,it is very welcome here ;)

All of my art is past work I haven't painted in a year. I almost went completely inward. I had to force myself to go to the doctor. I'm loosing my mentor my father to cancer so this is the main cause of stress. It's hard for me to comunicate even online or in text.

I have had alot of recent stress over the last few years I have become more and more distant to people. I finally started to look for help. I went from being OCD toADD\ADHD, bipolar, and now autistic. What I once thought was just quirks of being a artist is actually autism. It's alot to deal with.
Take it one day at a time, I've told myself that practically daily! My diagnosis came after my last great dive into depression and cutting myself off from most of the world (besides my mom, whom is a breast cancer survivor...imagine my stress levels as she was going through chemo, and Dad..whom I suspect has a touch of AS also, they tell me is genetic!) I've been talking with a counselor, and a psychiatrist/psychologist...as best I can for a while now. And will be moving to Orlando, Florida in the fall to a residential care facility. I'm frankly scared ****less because of how big a change that will be, but hopeful that I will learn better coping & social skills to live as much of a happy, successful, independent and motivated life...freer from fear, anxiety, and depression (which all SUCK!) probably will stay in the central Florida area after "treatment"...we still have a few centuries left until Florida drowns into the ocean. Think I will have plenty my own time there without much need to develop gills! Lol :D

Im sorry to hear about that I fear having to go to a place like that. I have always had this fear that I would completely loose the ability to communicate. I have had to force myself to be independant and its really hard. Paying bills on time is a huge stress that seems so silly. I have to be early for everything so I have to prep for an hour before i can even leave the house. I have to have 30 minutes after arrival at my destination just to adjust to the environment. I have a daughter so failure isn't an option for she will have no one without me. I'm trying to buy a house in which getting my credit together has been a huge task but very liberating considering it being such a huge accomplishment for me. Something so normal for others is such a huge mountain for me.

Im sorry to hear about that I fear having to go to a place like that. I have always had this fear that I would completely loose the ability to communicate. I have had to force myself to be independant and its really hard. Paying bills on time is a huge stress that seems so silly. I have to be early for everything so I have to prep for an hour before i can even leave the house. I have to have 30 minutes after arrival at my destination just to adjust to the environment. I have a daughter so failure isn't an option for she will have no one without me. I'm trying to buy a house in which getting my credit together has been a huge task but very liberating considering it being such a huge accomplishment for me. Something so normal for others is such a huge mountain for me.
Wishing you as much luck & good fortune as you go through those challenges! Your daughter is very lucky to have a mother like you with the courage to reach for positive goals, no matter how stressful they may seem! Also (don't think I've expressed this to you yet, but am pretty sure I've mentioned my Mom's battle)...I am truly sorry to hear about your fathers condition, & I hope in some way it can & will improve, but none the less my deepest sympathy to you & him through such a difficult time!

Thank you. I don't really know what to say back to relay sympathy but I understand what you went through and are going through. I hope things improve too I wish I could be more help to him but I have become so inward I can't reach out.

I hate to use cliches, but..the one about time healing wounds has been helpful for me to think of when I've been broken down and couldn't even imagine feeling much of anything but loneliness and depression, eventually..with medication help and whatever else..it could be one step forward, two steps back for awhile, but when you work at turning all of the negative thoughts into something as positive as possible. Your brain is very capable of healing, just needs worked out in a good way from time to time. (Hope some of this made sense...I'm kinda drained of energy tonight.)

Welcome :)

I'm sorry to hear about your father. I am glad however that you have finally been able to start finding answers. This place is definatly a great place to find some more. Since you're still new to AS, I recommend taking a look at some of our recommended reading. Many here will agree that reading up on the works of Dr. Tony Attwood is a good starting point:
Resources | AspiesCentral.com

I particularly like to recommend this book to our female members. It's an excellent read, that talks quite accurately about common behaviours in females with AS:
Aspergirls: Empowering Females With Asperger Syndrome | AspiesCentral.com

Just got the book thank you for the recommendation. This definitely came as a shock. I worked with autistic children when I worked in pre-k. I just thought it was my kind heart they gravitated towards. I never had the same troubles other teachers had with them. I do miss teaching but twas the parents I had trouble with. Random of topic rant sorry.

Just got the book thank you for the recommendation. This definitely came as a shock. I worked with autistic children when I worked in pre-k. I just thought it was my kind heart they gravitated towards. I never had the same troubles other teachers had with them. I do miss teaching but twas the parents I had trouble with. Random of topic rant sorry.
Don't be sorry; you'll soon find that many Aspies communicate better with each other, which is why we gather here. It's nice to be able to relate to like-minded individuals for a change. I like to think that it's not so much that we have trouble communicating, but more so that we are almost speaking a different language, neurologically speaking. I hope that book is a big help :)

I apologize a lot for the things I say. Speaking of different language me and my daughter sounded like we talked a different language when we were very young. I was basically her translator till she spoke like everyone else at 4.

I apologize a lot for the things I say. Speaking of different language me and my daughter sounded like we talked a different language when we were very young. I was basically her translator till she spoke like everyone else at 4.
Oh really? I've heard of a few members who have made up their own languages before; fairly interesting. It must have confused a lot of people, haha :)

Vanilla yes I had my own language but mostly talked to myself this way. I still replace some words with meow if I don't know what to say. Someone noticed me and my daughter talking and said it's almost like we have another language. Which I didn't notice till pointed out.

Vanilla yes I had my own language but mostly talked to myself this way. I still replace some words with meow if I don't know what to say. Someone noticed me and my daughter talking and said it's almost like we have another language. Which I didn't notice till pointed out.
Cool :)

New Threads

Top Bottom