• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

hello

smnmy

I registered with this site 2 years ago, but this is my first post. Sometimes it takes me time to do things! I have to admit i was kind of put off by the way the board is divided up into so many categories - i'll have to just find which ones i like the best...

My real name is Simon, and i was diagnosed with AS as an adult. Though I'm sure lots of people think I'm weird, I almost pass for a normal some of the time. I have a job and a partner and some very specific special interests relating to 1950s and 60s electric guitars and effects pedals, drag, werewolves, UFOs, weird folklore, silent films, The Velvet Underground etc.

When I was in my teens in the mid 1980s, I was inspired by punk to do music fanzines, and I have continued to self-publish comics and zines on a variety of subjects since then. Punk and diy is still a force in my lifeA few of these have touched on autism, but since last year my partner Charlotte + I have published a specific autistic zine called You're Not My Dad. It's about autistic life and culture and what we think of it all, from a critical adult perspective. We chose the title because so much autism stuff is related to families and children and we want an alternative view. I'll post about it elsewhere.

Simon

welcome.png

hi simon,welcome to AC!
itd be interesting to read your autism fanzine,is it based online?

New Threads

Top Bottom