• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello

Buzzerfly

Hi,

I am a 32 year-old woman from the US who moved to Mexico over a year ago with my husband and two little kids. My husband is on the spectrum. His autism had a lot to do with why I wanted to marry him. Maybe that sounds weird...but my mother had kept me very isolated from the rest of the world as a child. When I grew up, I went away to college, got a degree, and found myself home again afterwards, stumped. I felt like everyone around me was changing, losing their souls. I felt like there was no place for me out in the world. I saw the world around me as ugly and my own place in it pointless. And, with all of that sense of doom, I still wasn't depressed. I was lonely and bored.

Then I met Joel. He didn't talk like other people, was refreshingly straightforward, and seemed to share my experience, that of watching peers and family members fade away into nothingness in disbelief. Except he thought everyone was just participating in an elaborate joke: pretending to be mindless. I thought it was more serious. Joel was cool to be around. He gave me things to look at. He painted water colors of angels and heaven, wrote a book about an aimless, drunk mouse who hit the high-seas, played the piano, chugged coffee all day long, and believed that he and I had some sort of divine purpose together.

I moved in with Joel in 2010. We have been inseparable ever since. We have had a very strange, sometimes ethereal, sometimes horrible life together. And in that time, our bizarre adventures have forced us into seeing the world around us almost too clearly. I wrote a book about our lives together with our children last year. I self published it this past March. My primary goal with it is to use it as a tool to connect up with like-minded people and help them with our insights, while simultaneously getting feedback from cool people. I also hope that, one day, I can make resources from the sale of the book to help my family start a project that we want to build.

Anyway, I'm on here (with Joel alongside), to read your posts, chat with you and see what happens. I think the autistic experience of our world in its current state is much more realistic than that of other normal-brained people. I like that this site seems simple and small. I really hate wrong planet!!

upload_2017-4-30_15-39-50.png

Welcome:)

It's so nice to have someone join who is in a relationship with someone on the spectrum who isn't coming here expecting us to hold all of the answers to why their relationship isn't working. You both sound awesome.

Welcome:)

It's so nice to have someone join who is in a relationship with someone on the spectrum who isn't coming here expecting us to hold all of the answers to why their relationship isn't working. You both sound awesome.

Totally agree.

Looking forward to hearing more of your exciting adventures.
Congrats on the book too!

New Threads

Top Bottom