• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello everyone

TardyRayGun65

I'm Tyler Walker. I am new here. I'm 15 years old and I am from Texas. I have AS. I love video games, bird watching, and books.

welcome.png

'Lo Ty, welcome to AC. I guess you can call me "Ty" too, but in the NT world out there people call me Mike. I have AS too, my therapist diagnosed me (not formally) just a couple of months back. I knew there was something very different about me, and I'm exhibiting a ton of struggles, including severe anxiety, self-loathing, emotional outbursts, lack of maturity, lack of social skills, lack of common sense, very bad communication skills, negative attitude, facial tics, and slow learning. I'm almost 30 years old but I'm very immature, and I also live in Texas.

On the other hand, I do exhibit interests of course - some lifelong, others having come and gone. Currently it's video games (actually just one, Hearthstone; it's an online card game which I always talk about, read about, persuade others to play, and get very salty when I de-rank) - as well as construction sites (just observing, not trying to be a worker; even if I did, I don't have the strength or body build for that). In the past I used to be VERY fascinated by streetlights and sprinklers. These were childhood interests, during the teenage years I was obsessed with square-cabin trucks (Isuzu and Mitsubishi brands - vans but especially tow trucks and cargo trucks). Some mathematical aspects used to keep me going and also acted as a stim in the past; I used to also collect bottle caps and random pieces of wood as a child. I actually don't read much, as you mentioned you love books. People don't really like that, and some think that reading is the main thing that distinguishes humans from animals.

You've come to the right place, Ty - this is a fantastic community to make friends and gain quite a bit of insight on autism. I feel like I belong here, like I fit in - kind of like a square peg in a square hole. It feels so good not to feel like an alien from the moon anymore. I'm happy to have joined, and it's all thanks to my psychologist's recommendation. I should have joined much sooner, probably when I was your age (although I'm not sure if AC existed back then yet), instead of sweeping all my problems under the rug hoping that they'll go away on their own.

New Threads

Top Bottom