• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello Everyone

Christina Renee

Dreamweaver
My name is Christina and I live in Indiana. I am 27... wait.. 28 now. It changes every year and it's hard to keep track.
I an not officially diagnosed but I work closely with a BCBA at work and we have talked about it a few times.
I love animals and I have a healthy obsession with reptiles. I own an albino boa constrictor, a bearded dragon, a veiled chameleon and a savannah monitor. I also have 2 dogs and a ferret.
I have a lot of odd traits... like I only buy 1 brand of socks... partly so I don't waste time matching socks. I always wear the same clothes. Basketball shorts, graphic t-shirt and a pair of tennis shoes, always the same brand and style but I have different colors. I only eat plain food with simular textures and I microwave my water.
I am definitely a kid at heart and love to do activities that involve imagination. I paint, draw and wood burn. I have even sold a few peices.
I try to make jokes and be funny as a way to break the ice with people but it is exhausting sometimes.
I work in a lock down in-house psych ward. They gave me a room but I'm not a patient. I do behavioral graphing, documentation and summarys for our BCBA so I am behind a computer most of the time and that suits me.
I live with a roommate and she understands me pretty well. We hang out sometimes but she is my only friend and the only person I talk to outside of work. I would really like that to change but since I am out of highschool I have no idea how to do that. It was easy when you share a class with someone. You always have something to start the conversation. Real life is hard.

Welcome. Lots of good people here, even the purple ones (humor).

Last edited:
My name is Christina and I live in Indiana. I am 27... wait.. 28 now. It changes every year and it's hard to keep track.
I an not officially diagnosed but I work closely with a BCBA at work and we have talked about it a few times.
I love animals and I have a healthy obsession with reptiles. I own an albino boa constrictor, a bearded dragon, a veiled chameleon and a savannah monitor. I also have 2 dogs and a ferret.
I have a lot of odd traits... like I only buy 1 brand of socks... partly so I don't waste time matching socks. I always wear the same clothes. Basketball shorts, graphic t-shirt and a pair of tennis shoes, always the same brand and style but I have different colors. I only eat plain food with simular textures and I microwave my water.
I am definitely a kid at heart and love to do activities that involve imagination. I paint, draw and wood burn. I have even sold a few peices.
I try to make jokes and be funny as a way to break the ice with people but it is exhausting sometimes.
I work in a lock down in-house psych ward. They gave me a room but I'm not a patient. I do behavioral graphing, documentation and summarys for our BCBA so I am behind a computer most of the time and that suits me.
I live with a roommate and she understands me pretty well. We hang out sometimes but she is my only friend and the only person I talk to outside of work. I would really like that to change but since I am out of highschool I have no idea how to do that. It was easy when you share a class with someone. You always have something to start the conversation. Real life is hard.

Hi Christina Renee. Welcome to Aspies Central. You picked a good way to get started making friends by joining this site. There are lots of nice, friendly people here. Most of us are also working on more friendships of the in person kind. We share what we are doing and what does or does not work. That makes things a little easier for all of us.

welcome.png

Welcome! I have my own obsessions, mainly photography... And I tend to memorize my sizes and often buy virtually the same clothing, I always wear cargo pants, always!

Although I did buy a genuine Australian Stockman's Coat yesterday at the flea market, it will go great with one of my cowboy hats, no I'm not a cowboy, I actually live in a big city but often in summer wear my cowboy boots as well, just like stuff like that! :D

'Lo Christina and welcome to AC. Lots of wonderful folk here that I can relate to, and I've learned so much from so many of them! Joining this community was one of the best decisions I ever made, and I usually make pretty bad decisions because I lack common sense. I was sort of diagnosed with Asperger's by my psychologist not too long ago, it wasn't a formal diagnosis. I regret not deciding to deal with my struggles sooner, years sooner. I swept them all under the rug hoping that they'd go away on their own. Who was I kidding, only myself...no, I'm lying. Myself and all the poor NT's who's had the burden of enduring me.

I'm being too negative over here. I struggle with severe anxieties and low self-esteem. My social and communication skills are extremely poor, and like I mentioned above - common sense. I can be extremely difficult to get along with, and that's taking my self-esteem even further downhill. I've had very very few friends over my entire lifetime of almost 30 years, and have managed to make just a few over the past couple of years. I hold on to them and never let go, and have become way too needy because it's a miracle having found people who actually appreciate me for me. My doc recommended that I tone it down so that I don't scare them away, and I cannot afford to lose them. I've lost so many potential friends in college because of the way I behaved. I've also never had a girlfriend and never gone on a date in my entire life.

On top of all the social struggles and anxieties, I also am unable to control my emotions and therefore tend to exhibit behavioral issues which include pretty bad meltdowns; and those tend to include both self-hatred and grudges against those who overreact to me, and becoming frustrated with me quickly is pretty much the norm for many NT's present in my life. My mind is pretty complex, and often not in a great way. If it could only just relax, I'd be the happiest camper. I really wish I could get along with people around me better and not put a damper on every relationship I'm in. So far so good with the friends but I'm extremely paranoid about them leaving me because of the way I behave. I still live with my parents and have their utmost love and support; I just wish I could have been a better son to them all these years. My doc and I are working together on how to make me cope better with the NT world and get along better with people. I hope it helps everyone in the long run, and even better if it starts working in the short run.

On to the cool stuff! I do have some unusual interests, both past and/or present. Some have come and gone, while others are still alive and kicking. I used to be fascinated with streetlights and sprinklers, as well as construction sites; right now it's mostly just construction sites. I'm not seeking to be a construction worker, I just love observing them - even small residential ones. I especially love all the massive machinery they use, and that includes all the trucks that bring in the building materials. I used to also like collecting bottle caps in my childhood, as well as random pieces of wood. Right now I play video games, but one at a time - and whichever one it is, I just can't stop playing it and talking about it. I used to constantly talk to my high school classmates about Kirby, for instance. Right now I cannot let go of Hearthstone (WoW-derived card game). I've also been fascinated with platform trucks that have square cabins; the Isuzu brand tow trucks for the most part. For years I've yelled out "Look!" whenever such a truck was passing by; they included Isuzu vans too, but this obsession has since diminished and now I'm only interested in platform trucks - especially ones that have yellow or red cabins. I've also been fascinated with specific types of integers and what they're divisible by.

I spend most of my days working and then my personal time mostly at the computer. I don't go out much but I recently started doing it more because of those friends I made (wish it was every weekend) plus some meetups so that I can expand my social circle even more. My Sundays are often pretty lonely if there's no meetup and the friends are not available. My moods can fluctuate severely, and the goal is to always have me be in a good mood so that I don't end up snapping at people; my emotional issues don't come out when the sun is shining (metaphor).

This is me in a nutshell...just hoped to get myself out there in the open; I feel so at home on here and can just pour my heart out at any time. I'm glad you've joined us Christina, and we're always here to help and listen!

Hello, good to hear you like animals, I'm afraid I'm not the biggest fan of them really. I like animals, but they for some reason don't like me... Why does every living thing try to attack me?:(

Nice to meet everyone. Tyrants I can't stand construction sites! It's soo much noise and all the reflective yellow and orange messes with my head. I have a min panic attach everytime I have to drive around cones and what not... hell even if I am not the one driving a freak out a little. And if it is dark and raining... forget about it I can't drive anywhere. It's just too much.
Mom I'm sorry living creatures attach you. My own pets bite sometimes. My snake is only nice on occation and my savannah monitor would bite me if I gave him the chance. It's just how wild animals are.

Nice to meet everyone!

didnt know it was a song it was just recall
know nothing afl teams its just chauvinism to me
i avoid soccer in the UK the England teams songs are puerile

Hello Christina, nice to meet you - and welcome =)) You seem like a really cool person! I am pretty impressed by your job - sounds somewhat intense!

New Threads

Top Bottom