• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello everyone! :)

PeacewithNature

I'm not sure if I have this disorder or not. I do have a friend who has this disorder though and I have a learning disability. Sometimes it takes me longer to grasp onto things and fully understand them. Usually half the time I look up things myself and go over details and write them down. There's some things I get and other things I get frustrated over. I'm sensitive to light and sound and I have a slight memory problem due to my Learning disability. My doctors are trying to diagnose me and diagnosing me with other disorders. In my opinion, I'm not being properly diagnosed. Yelling and screaming freaks me out and I have to leave my house. When people cry or get sad, I feel it intensely and I do get angry and tend to say very blunt things. That's all I know as far as symptoms go. When I'm around my friend who happens to my old boyfriend who wants me back in his life because he said I'm a good person and how nice I am, I always try to relax myself if I feel myself getting angry because I never want to get angry at him because I love him. I'll go more into this in another thread. I'm here to understand this disorder better and hopefully soon I'll be properly diagnosed.

I'm not sure if I have this disorder or not. I do have a friend who has this disorder though and I have a learning disability. Sometimes it takes me longer to grasp onto things and fully understand them. Usually half the time I look up things myself and go over details and write them down. There's some things I get and other things I get frustrated over. I'm sensitive to light and sound and I have a slight memory problem due to my Learning disability. My doctors are trying to diagnose me and diagnosing me with other disorders. In my opinion, I'm not being properly diagnosed. Yelling and screaming freaks me out and I have to leave my house. When people cry or get sad, I feel it intensely and I do get angry and tend to say very blunt things. That's all I know as far as symptoms go. When I'm around my friend who happens to my old boyfriend who wants me back in his life because he said I'm a good person and how nice I am, I always try to relax myself if I feel myself getting angry because I never want to get angry at him because I love him. I'll go more into this in another thread. I'm here to understand this disorder better and hopefully soon I'll be properly diagnosed.
You're not alone, my friend. Welcome to AC. It has proven to be very insightful, understanding and friendly. I also suffer with over sensitivity to sounds....especially screaming, grass blowers, trash trucks and high pitched dog barks and my boyfriend doesn't get my aspergers. I tend to get emotional at disturbing news reports...shootings, war, and hatred. I wish everyone would love and accept one another, regardless of differences. I wish you the best as you seek understanding.

You're not alone, my friend. Welcome to AC. It has proven to be very insightful, understanding and friendly. I also suffer with over sensitivity to sounds....especially screaming, grass blowers, trash trucks and high pitched dog barks and my boyfriend doesn't get my aspergers. I tend to get emotional at disturbing news reports...shootings, war, and hatred. I wish everyone would love and accept one another, regardless of differences. I wish you the best as you seek understanding.

Thank you! :) Yeah my parents own two dogs and whenever I'm eating dinner and they bark, I'm so sensitive to it. Inside I feel really angry and sometimes I yell at them, which I'm trying to control. Right now my house is very relaxed. My niece is coming here and she's very emotional, tends to get temper tantrums and I know when this happens I may have to leave my house because it's very overwhelming for me to take in all at once. I love her and she's my niece, it's just so much for me to take in. I'm depressed myself and when other people around me are sad and I pick up on it, I feel it as well. I do hug her and comfort her, I just need time to relax afterwards. Both my parents are aware of my moods and can't quite figure out what's going on. I'm a loner and only have a few friends. Most of my friends are online and I talk to them when I'm feeling up to it. There's times where I do disappear and I tell them before hand if I ever do this that I'll send them a message telling them that I may be gone for awhile and that I'll contact them once I'm feeling better. At the moment I'm not working due to things happening in my life. Once things get a little better I plan on working again. My doctor says I have a "mood disorder" that's all he said that I have. He never exactly said what I had and this kinda frustrates me to be honest. Think it's time for me to get a new doctor soon.

Thank you! :) Yeah my parents own two dogs and whenever I'm eating dinner and they bark, I'm so sensitive to it. Inside I feel really angry and sometimes I yell at them, which I'm trying to control. Right now my house is very relaxed. My niece is coming here and she's very emotional, tends to get temper tantrums and I know when this happens I may have to leave my house because it's very overwhelming for me to take in all at once. I love her and she's my niece, it's just so much for me to take in. I'm depressed myself and when other people around me are sad and I pick up on it, I feel it as well. I do hug her and comfort her, I just need time to relax afterwards. Both my parents are aware of my moods and can't quite figure out what's going on. I'm a loner and only have a few friends. Most of my friends are online and I talk to them when I'm feeling up to it. There's times where I do disappear and I tell them before hand if I ever do this that I'll send them a message telling them that I may be gone for awhile and that I'll contact them once I'm feeling better. At the moment I'm not working due to things happening in my life. Once things get a little better I plan on working again. My doctor says I have a "mood disorder" that's all he said that I have. He never exactly said what I had and this kinda frustrates me to be honest. Think it's time for me to get a new doctor soon.
I am unemployed too and I HATE being dependent on my boyfriend. Still many things I have to overcome.

Oops, lol, my clumsiness always gets in the way. That last message was meant to be replying to PeacewithNature.

I am unemployed too and I HATE being dependent on my boyfriend. Still many things I have to overcome.

I don't have a boyfriend but the person who I'm close too who likes me a lot has this disorder and tends to act very weird anytime we get extremely closer to one another. He got cheated on 2 years ago and told me the whole story. Now he's acting very distant and won't talk to me. I do understand it all which is weird because I tend to do the disappearing act. I did it a lot in my past previous relationships. One of my ex boyfriend's used to tell me all the time, "Can you please stop doing the disappearing act to me please."

Oops, I try to welcome everyone that joins, so WELCOME!!! You've found a great place for answers, so browse around, pick a few brains, and make some new friends along the way.

Thank you! :) I made two threads already and I'm getting a lot of support here already. Thanks for welcoming me to the Forum. I'm really glad I found this Forum.

New Threads

Top Bottom