• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello Everyone!

Lena_C

Just a lass
Hello everyone,
As I take many test on the internet, I think I can self-diagnosis that I'm an aspie?(I'm quite sure that I possibly have asperger's since my life, especially in teenage age, is really harsh!)
Here's my result:
poly12e.php

I would find somewhere to take an officially diagnosis after May, coz I'm undergoing the HKDSE exam (sth like SAT/GCSE)
Before talking about asperger's, I have epilepsy since I was 1 years old, because of this, I might have different needs and support(mental side).
Unfortunately, my parents and all the people around me didn't understand what I really need.
When I was a kid, my parents only told me to study, study and study!!!
All the children were playing outside and I was staying in the room.
I felt very hard to speak out my feeling.
And I seldom understand why people are so moody, even for little things.

After I go to the secondary school, everything goes wrong...
I have changed 3 schools because of social difficulties.
Also after suffer from tons of bullying at school, I was finally diagnosed with bi-polar & anxiety disorders.
I'm not good at handling pressure :eek:

Until now, I'm still studying high school!Omg!!

Social is such a hard work, I usually feel uncomfortable when there's somebody unknown around me.

On the other hand, my friends said that I have a different thinking process, just like an alien.:p
I did say something about the characteristic/experience of my new friend(She didn't tell me about her past!)
And she asked me why I understand so much.
I don't know how to say, maybe because I like to observe and listen, or maybe because I'm an aspie :D
Who knows?

Btw, Nice to meet you all;)

Hi, Lena_C! Welcome to AC.

Secondary school...is that high school? Or "junior high" or "middle" school? Those years were awful. Fortunately, they're also finite.
I used my map as an avatar for a while.

neurodiverse_aspie diagram results_resized.jpg

I have a different set of problems than some...that 'socially NT' spike seems to signify the desire to be social, without the ability! Oh well.

Observe and listen--that was my way also. You're not alone here.

Cheers!

Hello Lea

First, just to clear some thing up, Aspergers is something we are born with and your description certainly shows that.

I would say that your history is virtually a replica of most on here and definitely me.

I am self diagnosed and it has been confirmed by some who know ones with aspergers.

You will find much support here and so, very welcome

I am so sorry to hear that you have suffered such bullying. Sadly, it's common for many on the spectrum. With AS, Nonverbal Learning Disorder, and Bipolar, high school was hell for me. But take comfort in the fact that it won't last forever. Welcome! :)

wyv

Hi, Lena_C! Welcome to AC.

Secondary school...is that high school? Or "junior high" or "middle" school? Those years were awful. Fortunately, they're also finite.
I used my map as an avatar for a while.

View attachment 15841

I have a different set of problems than some...that 'socially NT' spike seems to signify the desire to be social, without the ability! Oh well.

Observe and listen--that was my way also. You're not alone here.

Cheers!

Yea, sth like that
In HongKong, we have kindergarten=>primary school=>secondary school=>university/higher education
So it did include junior high and high school :)

It does sound like you are on the spectrum, from your test results and also life experiences. Your thought processes are alien to them, because they are NT and do not understand. They are not alien to us, probably because we have ASD and think in similar ways. Welcome to Aspie Central and remember being 'different' does not mean being 'less'.

P.S. What is your Avatar ? Is it a story character ?

It does sound like you are on the spectrum, from your test results and also life experiences. Your thought processes are alien to them, because they are NT and do not understand. They are not alien to us, probably because we have ASD and think in similar ways. Welcome to Aspie Central and remember being 'different' does not mean being 'less'.

P.S. What is your Avatar ? Is it a story character ?

It's the sketch of my fiction/literature's character, I draw it of coz ;)
His name is Sean

His name is Sean
What is your fiction/literature? It's quite a good drawing! :)

Btw, I'm also in Hong Kong. I'm sorry you've struggled so much in school. The school environment is rough pretty much everywhere for aspies, but I know Hong Kong can be especially difficult for a couple reasons.

Welcome!

What is your fiction/literature? It's quite a good drawing! :)

Btw, I'm also in Hong Kong. Welcome!

Thankyou :D
It's all about human...
LGBT, some mental illness, single parent family, life meaning, love & hate, fashion models..blahblahblah
nearly anythings jump up in your mind are include
I think the bonding between art & me is very strong since I was born
Btw, Sean (my avatar) is an aspie
...such a way to speak out my feeling
I haven't write the English version and it's only a knowledge sharing in my friendzone recently...

Thankyou :D
It's all about human...
LGBT, some mental illness, single parent family, life meaning, love & hate, fashion models..blahblahblah
nearly anythings jump up in your mind are include
I think the bonding between art & me is very strong since I was born
Btw, Sean (my avatar) is an aspie
...such a way to speak out my feeling
I haven't write the English version and it's only a knowledge sharing in my friendzone recently...

Sounds pretty interesting. I hope you get to share your art someday!

Btw, good luck on the DSE!!

And I hope you can find someone good to give you a diagnosis. It should be a bit easier than it was for me since you're still in school and speak Canto. The only psychologists I could find specialized in children and didn't really know how Asperger's manifests in adults or women. I ended up having to Skype an Australian psychologist... but in the end, it worked out. :)

His name is Sean

Yes, the drawing is very good work! I like the hair detail and unusual mix of ammond shaped eye with blue pupil.

Sounds pretty interesting. I hope you get to share your art someday!

Btw, good luck on the DSE!!

And I hope you can find someone good to give you a diagnosis. It should be a bit easier than it was for me since you're still in school and speak Canto. The only psychologists I could find specialized in children and didn't really know how Asperger's manifests in adults or women. I ended up having to Skype an Australian psychologist... but in the end, it worked out. :)

It's not easy to find someone who specialized in adult Asperger's/autism spectrum and I think its very easy to mix up ASD with bipolar by NT people. I'm studying in adult night school but almost self-study now, even my friend who majors in psychology doesn't know much about ASD. I would like to find out if I have dyslexia too, coz its hard to diagnose by myself. Aspies may have dyslexia but epilepsy may also ruin my brain so I'm not sure. Still have a long way to go...

P.S. Aww!!! I get stuck with chemistry and mathematics these days and I don't know why (before I'm quite good at them)

Yes, the drawing is very good work! I like the hair detail and unusual mix of ammond shaped eye with blue pupil.

O'Rly!? Almond? I didn't notice it :p
Since he is a Deutsch, I observe that some of the germanic people have this shape of eyes, and I love it very much.
No offense, but I think round big eyes are too much for me, a little bit scary, although my best friend have a pair of round big eyes...oh:oops:
Yeah!Deep blue pupil! My favorite!!
maybe my dream models look really unusual,haha
Stay Weird!!

Hello everyone,
As I take many test on the internet, I think I can self-diagnosis that I'm an aspie?(I'm quite sure that I possibly have asperger's since my life, especially in teenage age, is really harsh!)
Here's my result:
poly12e.php

I would find somewhere to take an officially diagnosis after May, coz I'm undergoing the HKDSE exam (sth like SAT/GCSE)
Before talking about asperger's, I have epilepsy since I was 1 years old, because of this, I might have different needs and support(mental side).
Unfortunately, my parents and all the people around me didn't understand what I really need.
When I was a kid, my parents only told me to study, study and study!!!
All the children were playing outside and I was staying in the room.
I felt very hard to speak out my feeling.
And I seldom understand why people are so moody, even for little things.

After I go to the secondary school, everything goes wrong...
I have changed 3 schools because of social difficulties.
Also after suffer from tons of bullying at school, I was finally diagnosed with bi-polar & anxiety disorders.
I'm not good at handling pressure :eek:

Until now, I'm still studying high school!Omg!!

Social is such a hard work, I usually feel uncomfortable when there's somebody unknown around me.

On the other hand, my friends said that I have a different thinking process, just like an alien.:p
I did say something about the characteristic/experience of my new friend(She didn't tell me about her past!)
And she asked me why I understand so much.
I don't know how to say, maybe because I like to observe and listen, or maybe because I'm an aspie :D
Who knows?

Btw, Nice to meet you all;)
Hello Lena, my fellow HKer[emoji6]
You have no idea how excited I am to see you posting your story on this forum[emoji38]

Coming from hk, I understand how tough it can be living with the way u r.
I have also been thru isolation and bullying by my close friends in high school and it was difficult as hell. Fortunately, I learned my lessons and things have been a lot easier and peaceful now. I hope things are the same for you. If not, just bear in mind that u r not alone in this. many people do not understand u and that is a harsh reality that most of us aspies have to live with. However, please know that there are lots of people out there who are just like us waiting to be understood (aspie or not).

I had my hkdse last year and the result wasn't that good[emoji28]
But if u ever need help with academics or anything at all, feel free to let me know[emoji4]

Welcome Lena. There are threads in the forums here where members post their art work. I would like to see more of yours.

Hello Lena, my fellow HKer[emoji6]
You have no idea how excited I am to see you posting your story on this forum[emoji38]

Coming from hk, I understand how tough it can be living with the way u r.
I have also been thru isolation and bullying by my close friends in high school and it was difficult as hell. Fortunately, I learned my lessons and things have been a lot easier and peaceful now. I hope things are the same for you. If not, just bear in mind that u r not alone in this. many people do not understand u and that is a harsh reality that most of us aspies have to live with. However, please know that there are lots of people out there who are just like us waiting to be understood (aspie or not).

I had my hkdse last year and the result wasn't that good[emoji28]
But if u ever need help with academics or anything at all, feel free to let me know[emoji4]

hey Alexis, which subjects did u study? maybe we can find somewhere to talk abt this?

I studied visual art and history[emoji28]
Not really helpful. I'm not in hk so if u wanna talk,u can find me on Facebook(Alexis Choi) or just start a conversation with me here.
hey Alexis, which subjects did u study? maybe we can find somewhere to talk abt this?

I studied visual art and history[emoji28]
Not really helpful. I'm not in hk so if u wanna talk,u can find me on Facebook(Alexis Choi) or just start a conversation with me here.
no problem, Add!!
seems ur interest in fashion design?
I did study fashion design before;) (including graphic,media,interior...etc)

New Threads

Top Bottom