• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello everybody!

Ciao metalminx24

Glad you're here and, I want some of that Galaxy Chocolate. Might have to book a flight to get some since they don't sell it over here (across the pond.) I think I need to go see Greg in Ireland anyway, haven't seen him in almost a year.

They're some really interesting choices! I think I'd like to talk to people from previous generations of my family. I'm certain none of them would have things to say nearly as fascinating as those you'd like to meet, but an idea of what led to the existence of me would be cool!

Actually we are not that far apart. The first two involve (or wrote about) my own ancestors. At one point they all fought over the same piece of land in Europe, Romans, Kelts and Germans.

Actually we are not that far apart. The first two involve (or wrote about) my own ancestors. At one point they all fought over the same piece of land in Europe, Romans, Kelts and Germans.
How far back have you traced your ancestors? As far as I can make out, my family were farmers in Wiltshire since forever!

How far back have you traced your ance. stors? As far as I can make out, my family were farmers in Wiltshire since forever!

Forever is a long time! Is that in England? (And which region?)

We still have living relatives in Italy, and our Irish folks left a trail from Ireland, to Newfoundland, to Boston, to New York and then scattered accross USA. But our knowledge only extends back a few generations into late 1800s. I have English as well, but don't know anything about them other then they too are in New York at turn of the last century.

Forever is a long time! Is that in England? (And which region?)

We still have living relatives in Italy, and our Irish folks left a trail from Ireland, to Newfoundland, to Boston, to New York and then scattered accross USA. But our knowledge only extends back a few generations into late 1800s. I have English as well, but don't know anything about them other then they too are in New York at turn of the last century.
Yes, Wiltshire is in South west England. Whereabouts in Italy are your family? I'm trying to learn italian because I'm going to Sorrento in three weeks time for a holiday, very excited but I hate airports!!

Yes, Wiltshire is in South west England. Whereabouts in Italy are your family? I'm trying to learn italian because I'm going to Sorrento in three weeks time for a holiday, very excited but I hate airports!!
In the southwest of England I think there were many Saxon immigrants (well actually invaders) from northern Germany, around the time of Arcturus (Original Basis for King Arthur Legend) so you might have some Sea Wolf blood. ;)

My family in Italy is in hills near Naples. But besides Italian, I may have a little Greek, but its just a guess. The greeks settled southern Italy heavily in ancient times, and my Grandfather, who was born in Italy, first name was Achilles.

I had to look up where Sorrento was. Actually not far from Naples and it looks awesome! Are you going to visit Pompeii and the Island of Capri? I never made it to Italy myself, but Pompeii was one of the places I would have most liked to visit.

P.S. Bring your sunscreen! :D

In the southwest of England I think there were many Saxon immigrants (well actually invaders) from northern Germany, around the time of Arcturus (Original Basis for King Arthur Legend) so you might have some Sea Wolf blood. ;)

My family in Italy is in hills near Naples. But besides Italian, I may have a little Greek, but its just a guess. The greeks settled southern Italy heavily in ancient times, and my Grandfather, who was born in Italy, first name was Achilles.

I had to look up where Sorrento was. Actually not far from Naples and it looks awesome! Are you going to visit Pompeii and the Island of Capri? I never made it to Italy myself, but Pompeii was one of the places I would have most liked to visit.

P.S. Bring your sunscreen! :D
My intention is to go to Capri, Vesuvius and Herculaneum (smaller than Pompeii but fewer tourists and much better preserved because of it) Mostly I'll just be happy if it's sunny though, England is so grey and cold and rainy and rubbish, bugger knows why anyone ever wanted to invade here!! Are you going somewhere this summer?

My intention is to go to Capri, Vesuvius and Herculaneum (smaller than Pompeii but fewer tourists and much better preserved because of it) Mostly I'll just be happy if it's sunny though, England is so grey and cold and rainy and rubbish, bugger knows why anyone ever wanted to invade here!! Are you going somewhere this summer?

Hmm...
I think the Romans came, just because it was there, and thats what you did if you were a Roman General or Emperor.
The Saxons came for loot and land.
The Vikings - ditto
The Normans I think because William the Conqueror wanted to conquer something.

It might have been different if it wasn't in sight of France.

I have read on Herculaneum. I remember some as it was first excavated. The discovery of the storage sheds right at the shore line was especially poignant.

But as for me, no. Actually my last was in 2004. An injury in 05 has precluded long travel for a long time. But I am about ready now. This summer is the first I am driving again. We hope to be able to go to central Europe within 2 years. Some will be in Germany and some in the Austrian Alps I think.

Welcome aboard! :)
Hope you enjoy the community here. Best wishes.
image.jpg

Welcome metalminx24 to aspie land and such Madness :D, dumped a few trophy points on you, hope you have fun here. Mael:cool:

Ooh! I so hate that, every time I exit wrong my like flags get erased. o_O not funny!

Last edited:
My name is Kerry and I have an asperger's diagnosis, I joined yesterday and I've been reading a lot of the threads. It's a huge relief to learn that other people feel the same way about certain things, and struggle with similar things to me.

I'd really like to make a few (virtual!) friends, and I hope to occasionally be helpful to others.

I love giraffes, chocolate, thrash metal and motorsport, and I'm currently learning italian (I realise that's a very odd combination...) so I hope I have something in common with someone.

Thanku for reading [emoji4]
Hey, I also like thrash, though I listen to other styles as well.

I like other styles too (other styles of metal anyway..!) I find that angry music makes me happy and happy music makes me angry [emoji450] [emoji4]
Hmm...guessing there are some life angst reasons for that...which too many of us have here Sigh!

Hmm...guessing there are some life angst reasons for that...which too many of us have here Sigh!
Hmm maybe in part, but mostly it's what I grew up with, my mum liked Metallica, Skid Row, Iron Maiden...it's all I ever knew, I consider myself to be well brought up! !

Thrash metal now that's awesome. That style of music calms me for some reason. Maybe it's letting my energy out and having a good time with other fans. I survived the front row at Ozzy and Metallica shows. Lots of bruises.I haven't been in a mosh pit in many years.

Thrash metal now that's awesome. That style of music calms me for some reason. Maybe it's letting my energy out and having a good time with other fans. I survived the front row at Ozzy and Metallica shows. Lots of bruises.I haven't been in a mosh pit in many years.
I find that it improves my mood hugely, never liked mosh pits though, having my bubble invaded by stinky sweaty people holds absolutely no appeal for me!

New Threads

Top Bottom