• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello everybody!

metalminx24

My name is Kerry and I have an asperger's diagnosis, I joined yesterday and I've been reading a lot of the threads. It's a huge relief to learn that other people feel the same way about certain things, and struggle with similar things to me.

I'd really like to make a few (virtual!) friends, and I hope to occasionally be helpful to others.

I love giraffes, chocolate, thrash metal and motorsport, and I'm currently learning italian (I realise that's a very odd combination...) so I hope I have something in common with someone.

Thanku for reading [emoji4]

Hi & Welcome,
I'll invent a new event for the Olympics for you. Giraffe racing for Chocolate medals with the jockys only allowed to speak Italian and the loudspeakers pounding out Thrash metal.

Hi metalminx24 :)
I don't think that's a weird combination but I'm used to those kinds of combinations. Because I like kickboxing, all kinds of metal and I'm learning Esperanto, Irish and Portuguese.
I think you'll feel at home here.
Welcome :)

Hi Kerry, welcome to the forum :) I learnt Italian, too, for about 2 years.
Crikey, you'll know far more than me then, I only started 6 weeks ago as I'm going to Sorrento next month, but promising myself to use the teaching app for 5 mins per day has become 5 hours per day!! Have you ever been to Italy?

Hi & Welcome,
I'll invent a new event for the Olympics for you. Giraffe racing for Chocolate medals with the jockys only allowed to speak Italian and the loudspeakers pounding out Thrash metal.
That is a completely fantastic idea, you should get some sort of prize for that! What event would u invent for yourself?

That is a completely fantastic idea, you should get some sort of prize for that! What event would u invent for yourself?

I would have to think about that for a while... but I will tell you what first came to mind as something like the ultimate experience concerning my interests. And that would be to have a magic forest and every time I wanted I could go into it and meet some person from the past that I would like to meet in person. Then we would walk together and talk and I would ask them many questions and also tell them what happened after them.

I like all nascar racing and indy and grand prix. how about you?
Speedway, moto GP, moto x, superbikes, touring cars and World Rally cars.... I've never really understood appeal of nascar, I did go once in texas but it just seemed like a reeeeely long exercise in trying not to get dizzy!

I would have to think about that for a while... but I will tell you what first came to mind as something like the ultimate experience concerning my interests. And that would be to have a magic forest and every time I wanted I could go into it and meet some person from the past that I would like to meet in person. Then we would walk together and talk and I would ask them many questions and also tell them what happened after them.
That sounds ace! Which people would you most like to meet?

Well the first that come to mind are Arminius, Tacitus, Napoleon and Custer in the historical realm and Tolkien from literature.

Well the first that come to mind are Arminius, Tacitus, Napoleon and Custer in the historical realm and Tolkien from literature.
They're some really interesting choices! I think I'd like to talk to people from previous generations of my family. I'm certain none of them would have things to say nearly as fascinating as those you'd like to meet, but an idea of what led to the existence of me would be cool!

New Threads

Top Bottom